Overwhelmed -- Not sure what to do

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by notstrongenough, Jun 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lately, I've been really stressed out and overwhelmed, sometimes about the stupidest things. My disability is really getting to me (I'm visually impaired), and is just making my life difficult at the moment. I know it's something that can be worked through, but I'm just... so completely anxious about everything.

I've been depressed/anxious for about six years. I honestly am just tired of living. I want to die, to be completely truthful. I really do. But... I feel guilty for my family. I'd hate to have to make them deal with that, especially the cost of a funeral and all that. We're having financial difficulties, so I know that'd be hard for them, and those things are very expensive, you know?

I don't know what else to say. Any thoughts? I don't have the money to go to a mental hospital, not again. And I'd feel ashamed... yet again for going. But at the same time, I don't know what else to do. Every day just feels deeper and deeper into this fog that is Depression.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

i know these feeling as well. being trapped in depression hurts if you could talk with someone on crisis line a voice that would help you at least for awhile. Sometimes just hearing a caring voice really does help I am glad you can come here to talk Just know people do care about you.

3. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

You shouldn't feel ashamed for going to a mental hospital. You should feel proud for admitting that you need help. Not many people can do that. However, as money is another issue, you could perhaps look into any free councilling services available near you? Keep chatting to us on here, as we will help you and listen to you when you need us. My pm box is always open. And i agree with Mary, perhaps ringing a helpline will help, just to be able to talk,to vent, to pour it all out. :hug:

4. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

I'm also visually impaired. If you ever want to talk, feel free to PM me.

5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hello, there's no shame in admitting yourself to a mental hospital. If you feel that's what will help you,then please go ahead with it. Are you currently on any medication for your depression? Or seeing a therapist? Don't give up. Things can change when you least expect them to. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.