Overwhelmed

Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by Jonsey, Dec 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jonsey

Jonsey Well-Known Member

My sister-in-law just left an abusive relationship and listening to her has brought back too many feelings and memories that I had forgotten. Hoping this will pass soon.

2. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN SF Author

Sorry you feel bad :hug: I hope it passes soon too - remember it is okay to feel something and that, however painful a memory is, the past is the past.

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

I hope it does ease for you...if you need to talk too, open up to your sister and tell her how you have coped that may help her too. I think that is a good idea:)

4. Jonsey

Jonsey Well-Known Member

I hate feeling this way. After I was abused everyday for 3 months I can't sleep or have normal relationships. I just want it all to end.

5. zee64

zee64 New Member

So sorry that you're feeling such pain, Jonsey, and hope those feelings pass soon. *hug*

When upsetting memories flood back to me, threatening to overwhelm me, I try to counter them & comfort myself by saying: "You are safe & you survived. Only now is real - that was the past and you are safe now. The past is the past & you are safe".

6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

Sorry for what happened, you have to put your strength and determination into moving forward, you can do it and we're here for you jonsey. I care about you a lot :)

7. Jonsey

Jonsey Well-Known Member

Having nightmares and hearing voices. Will rest ever come?

8. TracyWills

TracyWills Member

Hugs and prayers for you Jonsey, hope you'll be fine soon :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.