Overwhelmed

Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by Jonsey, Dec 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jonsey

Jonsey Well-Known Member

My sister-in-law just left an abusive relationship and listening to her has brought back too many feelings and memories that I had forgotten. Hoping this will pass soon.

2. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

Sorry you feel bad :hug: I hope it passes soon too - remember it is okay to feel something and that, however painful a memory is, the past is the past.

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I hope it does ease for you...if you need to talk too, open up to your sister and tell her how you have coped that may help her too. I think that is a good idea:)

4. Jonsey

Jonsey Well-Known Member

I hate feeling this way. After I was abused everyday for 3 months I can't sleep or have normal relationships. I just want it all to end.

5. zee64

zee64 New Member

So sorry that you're feeling such pain, Jonsey, and hope those feelings pass soon. *hug*

When upsetting memories flood back to me, threatening to overwhelm me, I try to counter them & comfort myself by saying: "You are safe & you survived. Only now is real - that was the past and you are safe now. The past is the past & you are safe".

6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Sorry for what happened, you have to put your strength and determination into moving forward, you can do it and we're here for you jonsey. I care about you a lot :)

7. Jonsey

Jonsey Well-Known Member

Having nightmares and hearing voices. Will rest ever come?

8. TracyWills

TracyWills Member

Hugs and prayers for you Jonsey, hope you'll be fine soon :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.