Overwhelming Sadness...

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by texaskitty, Nov 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. texaskitty

texaskitty SF Friend and Antiquities Friend Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

for no apparent reason. This so sucks.

I mean nothing has changed in my life since yesterday.

Yet I am so very sad. I do not understand this at all.

And it really makes me mad.
  2. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

*hugs!* :hug:

Is there anything we can do to help, Angie?
  3. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan Well-Known Member

I know the feeling. It's almost like your brain wont allow any moments of levity, so it just finds a reason to be sad. Happens to me often.
  4. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

I also know the feeling of out of now where, life just bites one in the a**. Sometimes, I feel struck my a tragic lightening bolt, and I crumble...hope this passes for you real soon, but know there are others who feel this way too
  5. Butterfly

Butterfly Resident SF Sims Enthusiast Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

I am so sorry Angie. We seem to be at opposite poles of the spectrum and I don't know where the hell it has come from. You know I am here hunni to support you and listen to you. Have a lot of love and respect for you hun xxxx
  6. flowers

flowers Senior Member

while each expereince is different, I sure do know that it feels like to be struck with the feeling without warning. I wish for you that the feeling will leave as quickly as it came.
  7. AsphyxiateOnMisery

AsphyxiateOnMisery Well-Known Member

You've answered my topics a few times so I felt like I should say something. I think there's always a reason we are sad, even if we don't want to admit that reason to ourselves. Even though nothing changed since yesterday, maybe today you're thinking more about things than you did before. If you try to come up with some reasons why you feel bad, I'm sure you could...so there's no reason to be mad. The sadness however, I'm not sure how to even help myself with so anything I say will probably be hypocritical. I would say to just do whatever you know has worked for you in the past.
  8. texaskitty

texaskitty SF Friend and Antiquities Friend Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

Thank you all for the replies.

I did figure it out late late last night.

The phone call from an abuser, which I thought I handled better, really did knock me for a loop.

At least I know why.
  9. Tea_at_Four

Tea_at_Four Staff Alumni

Good--glad you figured out where the sadness came from! Now you will not be at the mercy of its sneaky whims. :yay:
  10. mulberrypie

mulberrypie Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, Angie. It's no wonder that brought you down. At least you figured it out and I hope you feel better as soon as possible. :pinkrose:
  11. Aquarius123

Aquarius123 Well-Known Member

In my view, it's one of the greatest fallacies to assume that anyone can be happy and on top of the world all the time. We all have to experience the whole gamut of feelings. So, next time when great sadness seems to want to overwhelm you, allow the feelings their comings and goings. If you don't struggle against them and instead go with their flow, they will sweep over you and past you and you will re-surface. When you've tried this a few times and know that it really does work, you will find this ever easier.

Suppressing our feelings is one of the safest way of sliding into ever deeper depression. It pays to make an effort not to.

With love and an extra big healing hug,

12. Jackie's Strength

Jackie's Strength Staff Alumni

Just sending :hug:

I'm glad you figured out what was causing you to feel down. I can also relate to the experience of not feeling well for no particular reason though. Sometimes it just seems to come out of nowhere, or for a very minor reason (though your reason was certainly not minor). Please take good care of yourself!
  13. Isabel

Isabel Staff Alumni

Sorry to jump so late in this thread. So sad to hear about what happened hun. You know my backdoor is always opened. Those things always get to us to some extent. Hope you are feeling better :hug:
  14. lachrymose27

lachrymose27 Well-Known Member

i feel this today... and there is noone i can talk to about it
  15. Aquarius123

Aquarius123 Well-Known Member

The Courage To Live
    To those who have tried and seemingly failed,
    Reach out, Great White Spirit,
    Father/Mother of the whole of Creation,
    And bring them your comfort and love today;
    Those whose hopes have been dimmed,
    And whose faith has paled,
    Lift into the radiance of the light of your Divine wisdom, I pray,
    And help them to trust again.

To all who are frightened, reach out a hand.
    To all who feel hurt and helpless, bring them a friend.
    Baffled and blind, they fail to understand the true purpose of life,
    Falsely believing that their dark and tangled earthly road is the end.

Touch with the flame of Your Heavenly fire all hope that has burned low
    And rekindle the faith that has gone dead.
    Help us, each one, to steadfastly walk,
    Following Your guidance from deep within ourselves,
    Waiting to light the way ahead for all human souls.

Those who are stumbling and falling by the wayside,
    Help them to get up and move amongst their fellow men,
    With love in their hearts and with faith and courage to try –
    Whenever it’s necessary, all over again.

Grace Noll Crowell
    Edited by Aquarius

From ‘Words & Prayers of Comfort & Healing’

With love and light,

:pinkrose: ​
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.