overwhelming sadness

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Limbobway, Aug 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Limbobway

Limbobway Member

usually i have a specific thing that gets me really depressed but sometimes i will just feel really really sad with no reason. i am not sure what causes this or how to make it not happen. i guess i can ask my psyciatrist this week but was hoping for some feedback on it if anyone else gets the same way?
  2. flowers

flowers Senior Member

I wish I knew the answer for you. I do not know what causes it. But I do know one thing that might help. It does help for some. Go out into nature and do some work. Eg weeding or transplanting etc. Sometimes it really can help. for other people running. Any way to connect your body,mind and spirit with nature might make a difference, in the moment. Wish I had more brilliant suggestions. Hope this feeling passes soon :hug:
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

sometimes sadness creeps up on us without us noticing it hun just small things throughout the day all add up then bam the sadness hits I hope you do talk to your pdoc ok see what can be done to keep that darkness at bay hugs
  4. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

That happens to me a lot...I guess if I think too much about things, then I start to get sad. It's just best to keep yourself distracted if you get in a mood like that.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.