Overwhelming

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by KnightFalls, Oct 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KnightFalls

KnightFalls Well-Known Member

The overwhelming urge to die is sitting here on my chest. I have the means. I have the desire. Why can't I just do it? I want to. My husband will eventually get over it and move one. What is holding me here?

2. rtrt46546565

rtrt46546565 Well-Known Member

Well for me it's mainly my fear of death that keeps me around. But I'd also like to get/live better if I can. Possibly your reasons, too?

3. KnightFalls

I do not fear death. Not so sure on the living better part.

4. rtrt46546565

rtrt46546565 Well-Known Member

^Well I can't speak to your feelings on the matter, since Idk exactly how you feel about it, but I personally believe most people who are suicidal actually wanna live, just not in their current lives. It's just sometimes the pain becomes too much before we can actually make things better.

5. the black raven

the black raven Well-Known Member

I know the feel, but the fact that you are here, means part of you still want to stay alive. That's why you can't do it....
    The body want to stay alive, to survive, but the mind is telling you to do it. That's what really happened, I think.

I have strong desire to take my life too, but I have the responsibility to stay alive, no matter how much I hate it. I want to die now but I can't. Different reason, but what we share is similar. Urge to kill oneself, yet unable to do so. It's very painful isn't it?

6. KnightFalls

"Responsibility to stay alive." I rather like that phrase. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.