overwhelmingly sad

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by tinadoddemead, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tinadoddemead

tinadoddemead New Member

Hi this is my first post and I don't really know what to say as I feel no one understands how I feel.

2. Wispiwill

Wispiwill Well-Known Member

Perhaps if you explained how you feel we could try?

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi hun I think alot of people here can and will relate to your sadness . Why not try to post and let us know what brings you here hun so we can help support you hugs

4. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

Hello and welcome. My guess would be here that a good portion of the patrons of this forum site would understand how you feel. This is, after all, a peer site and as such... it is likely that others share the same feelings and/or concerns. The chat function here is a good way to communicate real-time with others as well. I have experienced that many times individuals gain more from talking with others who have similar situations or feelings, than they do from working with professionals (not to discount the value of professional avenues, by the way).

5. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

*hugs* I'm sorry you feel that way...maybe if you just get it out on here you might be surprised that people do understand and can relate...it's a safe place to talk and get support...welcome by the way

6. tinadoddemead

tinadoddemead New Member

My husband committed suicide just over two years ago and I just feel like I want to be with him.

7. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

Hi Tina, am so sorry to hear that - understandably you are very sad. SF is a good place for you to read other peoples stories - there's a forum called "Loved and Lost" where you will be able to talk with those who've had similar experiences. We all hope for the very best for you hun - you have done well to get through the two years, so it is possible to carry on while your feelings try to heal. Honey, there is no guarantee that following suit and doing the same will take you to the same place. I know it's a nice thought that it would, but we simply do not know, and even less have a guarantee. Do you have family and friends you can talk to and gain strength from, counsellors?

8. Mayflower7

Mayflower7 Banned Member

Hi Tina,
    I am so very sorry, to hear of your husband. It wasn't your fault, please don't blame yourself.
    Are you doing a memory box/keepsake of all his special things, a nice way to treasure and remember special times together.
    Did you have counselling at the time or shortly afterwards? Grief is terrible and can overwhelm you.
    Try and continue what your doing, reach out to others at this time. Well done for posting, as must have been so hard.
    Try doing things you enjoy, and don't feel guilty he would want you to be happy.
    Take Care
    Kate

9. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

wow that must be hard :( I'm sorry about that...I bet you miss him a lot...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.