Owwww

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by resistance, Aug 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

My gums are hurting again to the point where I want to cry. I last got this pain a few months ago and I had it constantly for 3 - 4 weeks, dentist said she couldn't see anything wrong and then after a bit of poking it gradually stopped a few days later. I hate this pain, aching gums to the point where I can't eat properly and can't drink. Thought it was just sensitive gums but it feels worse than that. Does anyone have any suggestions to help stop the pain? I can't put up with this... and seeing a dentist needs to be a last resort, I'm not their greatest fan... :(

2. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Well hate em too but in this instance I'd actually go see another one and get a second opinion..your gums shouldn't hurt like that :blink: so logically there must be something wrong....even if it just turns out to be a knock on effect from grinding your teeth:unsure:

3. RunningAway

RunningAway Well-Known Member

Hello Resistance

Have you got wisdom teeth appearing perhaps? Just an idea. I know that a few months ebfore and whilst mine were appearing I had awful gum pain. I hope that you feel better soon.

4. Isa

Isa Well-Known Member

clove oil
    warm water (not cold!) with salt in it

clove will help numb it, pain killers also, and the salt water will help remove any hidden detritus if you have any small wounds you cant see or feel. (and the warmth of the water will help)

dont drink or eat anything cold

5. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

Could this pain be triggered by stress? I find it a coincidence I'm getting this pain the same time I'm really anxious. The other night there was a huge row between my dad and I, first time I've cried like that in absolutely ages and since then my gums have been hurting a lot and I don't feel all that comfortable. Hurting as I type, ow. I will try that clove oil, thanks Isa. I'm using warm water and salt too I don't know if it's helping though. :hug:

6. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

Now I've wiped out that idea because I don't think it is.

The pain in my gums seem to have gone, although now one of my front teeth is really sensitive, I can't touch it without it hurting, eating is such a task etc. I'm going to London on Sunday to meet some friends on another forum and I don't want this pain!! :( I have tried Ibuprofen Plus, which is the strongest painkiller you can get on the market but it's not helping much, maybe a bit but not much... I'm using Clove Oil now and it is helping, but tooth is still sensitive.

I'm thinking it could be a Root Canal job, symptoms match. I know I shouldn't self diagnosed but I'm really worried. I don't want to look freakish with a horrible front tooth or no front tooth at all! :( I have an appointment on Monday 20th, and I'm a little worried...

7. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Have you tried the toothpaste for sensitive teeth? sometimes this helps me when mine start to hurt like that. Something to think about maybe. :hug:

8. Random

Random Well-Known Member

I would start out with rinsing with a good anti septic mouthwash. Look for one that doesn't burn though. The ones that burn don't work any better. They just burn. There are at least a few good ones that are very mild.

Rinsing with warm salt water should also help. Don't neglect brushing. That can cause swollen gums and swollen gums are painful.

If it's a bad cavity or something in a tooth, you'll pretty much have to see another dentist if you want it fixed. I had a bad one on one of my back molars. I never went to see about it and one day, it started hurting really, really bad. To the point to where I couldn't do anything. I couldn't sit, I couldn't stand, lay down, sleep. Nothing without it hurting and causing agony.

I used that oragel stuff like crazy. It helped some but not much. Eventually, the tooth died and the pain stopped. I still have the tooth. There's a big ass hole in it but it doesn't hurt anymore.

If the tooth that hurts is in front, you might want to get it fixed. Most people would get it fixed even if it was in the back. I couldn't afford it is all.

9. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

:hug: hope you're feeling a bit better :hug:

10. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

Thank you. :hug:
    The pain has been *a bit* better. Yesterday I went to London and had very little trouble with it but when I got back home, damn, wasn't I paying for it!! Felt like crying... I have the appointment in an hour, I hope it goes ok.

11. Robin

Robin Guest

Hey Resistance, good luck with the appointment :) :hug: :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.