Oxmazetol, Amazeo and Ativan

neverfadeaway

These pills control my dopamine levels. My therapist says it's going to be another year for me to continue pills otherwise I'll behave like crazy again.
Is there another way to control dopamine ?
I exercise daily, work and study.
I want to start living normal life free of medications as soon as possible. Please suggest a way. I hate to be dependent on meds and therapy.

bobbob

SF Supporter
Hi M
Hope you doing OK. Sounds like you are doing lots of the things that you need to do. I know that I feel much better when Ive been doing some work and feel have a purpose. I have found hypnosis really useful and this guy's videos have made a big difference. Ive found myself smilling at little things, just like he tells me to in the hypnosis. Its great, albeit kind of scarry that he has so much power over my thoughts. At least he is using his power to help.
http://www.freehypnosissessions.com/feel-happy-and-content-hypnosis-session.html
I also know that mindfulness and meditation that you do is meant to be more effectve than anti-depressants and with no negative side effects. I just find meditation quite hard atm as struggle to relax and focus enough to do it. But will keep at it.
As to medication, in UK u can only have benzos like Ativan for 10 days as they can have an adverse impact on the the brain, including memory and also they stop being effective after a few months and risk addiction. You have a great brain I think M. tbh I would think twice about being on Ativan long term.
tc R :)

Paisley

SF Artist
SF Supporter
Exercise is a good way. Another method of increasing dopamine levels is by changing your diet. Bananas naturally produce dopamine. Food high in antioxidants help because free radicals lower dopamine levels in the body, and antioxidants eliminate free radicals. Sugary foods and saturated fats reduce dopamine levels, so try to avoid those. Etc...

neverfadeaway

Hi M
Hope you doing OK. Sounds like you are doing lots of the things that you need to do. I know that I feel much better when Ive been doing some work and feel have a purpose. I have found hypnosis really useful and this guy's videos have made a big difference. Ive found myself smilling at little things, just like he tells me to in the hypnosis. Its great, albeit kind of scarry that he has so much power over my thoughts. At least he is using his power to help.
http://www.freehypnosissessions.com/feel-happy-and-content-hypnosis-session.html
I also know that mindfulness and meditation that you do is meant to be more effectve than anti-depressants and with no negative side effects. I just find meditation quite hard atm as struggle to relax and focus enough to do it. But will keep at it.
As to medication, in UK u can only have benzos like Ativan for 10 days as they can have an adverse impact on the the brain, including memory and also they stop being effective after a few months and risk addiction. You have a great brain I think M. tbh I would think twice about being on Ativan long term.
tc R :)
Thanks Bob. I'll see what I can do

Harmony

SF Supporter
Hi Mandar
Studies show that a diet high in tyrosine and phenylalanine can increase dopamine levels in the brain. These are found in high protein foods : eggs, beef, dairy, beans.
So get your protein (not as a substitution for meds of course) lol

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00