Pain in hands- can it be dangerous?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Hurted, Feb 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

In last 5 days i have totally cut up my hands... now sometimes i suddenly feel pain in my venues, it feel like my hands will explode... And i feel pain in my hands all the time... Can this be dangerous? Please answer as soon as possible because im scared:sad:

2. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

certainly doesn't sound too good... what do the cuts look like? do they feel hot/are red/off colour? do you get pain anywhere else, like up your arm or anything? I suggest you keep a close eye on them, give them a good wash and cover up the cuts.. if no improvement or they get worse please see a doctor. Your health is the utmost importance.

3. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

well they arent hot, but i feel hot inside my hands if you know what i mean...
    I dont get pain anywhere else... I hope that this is just because of too much cutting...

4. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

One cut is one cut too many. And it could very well be a case of too much cutting... the hand is one of the most sensitive parts on our body so cuts on the hands can be painful. It depends on how many cuts and the extent, as to whether this is dangerous. Keep an eye out for signs of infection, such as swelling, redness, pus and/or fever. If the pain doesn't get any better then please get professional medical advice.

5. Destroyer

Destroyer Guest

keep em clean - i suggest antibacterial stuff...they hurt like hell but i'm hoping you dont want infections all over your hands.

dont wear wooly gloves either

and :hug: for you too

6. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

ok thanks for help... but i can wear soft wristbands, can I?
    I made 97 cuts in last few days so i think that it is because of cutting... however, i will stop cutting myself for few days and if the pain will still be there i will ask for help, what is going to be dangerous, because of my parents...

thanks for help everyone, i really apreciatte it...

*hugs*

7. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

I cut myself today again even if i promise myself that i will stop but i couldnt... Im really afraid because i have over 115 visible scars on my hands plus few small cigarette burns... and i still want to cut!:sad:
    I tottaly lost control now... I have decided that i will ask for help tommorow in school again... first i ask for help school psyhologist in january 21th and i promise him that i will soon come back... however, i didnt... and it doesnt look that anyone, he or the teacher i told would care... Also i have decided that im going to proffesional psihologist. Wish me luck please:smile:

8. netsirk

netsirk Active Member

If you have someone that you trust that you can talk to then I think you should. I was a lot like you last year and my cutting was out of control but I found a person I could trust who listened and got me into a group that helped me so much. The pain in your hands could be nerve damage from your cutting. There are many nerves in your hands and the more you cut the more of a chance of damage. I had a similar problem and was told by a doctor that over time we cut deeper and deeper to release the pain and by doing so we get into the nerves. If the pain doesn't go away you may need medication to help control the pain. Do you have numbness or tingling as well? I would start by talking to a person you trust and then look into getting medical help for your hand pain.

9. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

Thanks for advice! The pain is much lower now and i dont feel it except when i move my arms:)
    I have few people which i trust... but if they arent like me (bipolar or cutting themselfs too) they would understand me and would maybe judgme me)

10. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

:hug:

11. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

thank you:smile:

12. jane doe

jane doe Well-Known Member

115 cuts? of course your hands will be red and burning, the blood pressure increases to heal them!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.