Pain management for Fibromyalgia?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by ~CazzaAngel~, May 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

Is anyone here using pain management for Fibromyalgia? I was just referred by my Rheumatologist, because he said my Fibromyalgia was too severe to help me and said it looks as manging my severe pain is all that can be done in my case. (I know some people reading this may think "what does this have to do with SF?" People with Fibromyalgia often have depression and anxiety disorders and cognitive problems, so it wouldn't be uncommon to see a couple people here with Fibromyalgia). So, anyone? has it helped? It'd also be nice to talk with others with Fibromyalgia. Not too many people even know what it is let alone understand it.

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2008
  2. Stick

Stick Member

Hi,

I too have Fibro. I have PTSD, depression, and Seasonal Affective Disorder also.

All I can say is I used to take Cymbalta, Soma, and Vicodin for my pain & depression. I am off all now because of cost, and no insurance. I walk 2 miles a day and try to do what I can for the pain. Hot soaks in the tub, and as much rest as I can get.

Hope you feel better soon.

3. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

Sorry to hear that, hun. :hug: I've tried everything and can't walk like that, can barely get around most of the time, end up falling and hurting myself if I try. I'm glad you have ways to cope. If you ever need to talk, feel free to add me to MSN, my MSN address is: painNsiolence@hotmail.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.