pain meds for neck pain what worked for you

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by snickers, Oct 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snickers

snickers Member

He has cronic neck pain he needs meds but he dosent know if the dr is under perscribing any experience would be appreciated.

2. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Hiya, snickers. I don't have experience with chronic pain, but there are doctors whose special area is pain management. Can you see a doc at a pain clinic? He/she will know the right kind of treatment(s) for you. I hope you feel better soon.

3. vapourdwarf

vapourdwarf Active Member

Hello i do have a bit of experience with cronic neck pain because i have had it for years due to a health condition and it has took alot of time to try to find the best treatment and although my pain doesnot completly go away it is lessened. The important thing is to keep going back to the GP and telling him or her that the treatment is not working. Eventually something will work even if it seems you are being a pain by keep turning up.

I wish you luck and hope you find a solution soon.

4. darcy1

darcy1 Well-Known Member

what kind of pain?
    burning? tightness?
    had an mri to see if there is disc damage?
    was it brought on by an accident. lifting?

i struggle with pain too.
    my neck pain was so bad for a while it was like someone had taken a burning stick out of a fire and was holding it to my neck. it was brutal.

if it is muscular tightness...maybe robaxacet will help.

i was diagnosed with myiofacial pain disorder. plus i have 8 bulging discs in my spine with 3 of them having minor tears. i stress every second that any kind of lifting i do is going to set one off to full herniation.

one of the discs in my neck is bulging against a nerve goin into my arm and i often wake up in the middle of the night with my arm numb and have to shake it and hit it to get feeling back. same thing happens with my legs. it's scary.

good luck.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2011
  5. snickers

snickers Member

I ask the questions here lol spine surgery I want opiates. I have to be on them for a normal life there are so many I just wanna know what worked for other people ok

6. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

If you have not been referred to a pain clinic then I would strongly advise you to get yourself a referral. They will not just put you on opiates straight away. There are all sorts of different painkillers you can try ranging from anti inflammatorys, anti depressants to opiates. There are also different ways of administering the medications such as gels and dermal patches etc. They also offer holistic therapiea also so it may not always be about meds meds meds they offer things such as tens machines, acupuncture and all sorts of other stuff.

7. snickers

snickers Member

Already on opiates strong ones prob not good for butterflies but he needs them for now just wanna be as effective as possible

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.