Pain (Trigger warning)

Discussion in 'Poet's Corner' started by Kandiman, May 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kandiman

Kandiman Member

I realise that whether any of the following constitutes 'poetry' is a matter of opinion. For my part, I consider it to be "introspective writing," which is closer to poetry than prose. My sister, on the other hand, considers it poetry, so I've gone with her definition.

I wrote the following about four months ago, during my last battle with depression. It's actually, hopefully, going to form part of a collection I'll be publishing, called 26.

If you fear you might be a trigger risk, I'd advise not reading this; for those in a dark place it may seem too hopeless to handle.

With that said...

Thanks for reading.
  2. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

Great poem, thanks for sharing. Know any other good ones about death and suicide. People say to read positive stuff to get you out of depression but I think that's crap. I get chills down my spine when reading stuff like this. I can feel it in my bones. It's like reading about it fulfills that desire psychologically to kill yourself. And it was put beautifully here.
  3. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

My only criticism is it ended ......beautifully written
  4. Kandiman

Kandiman Member

I'm glad I could help. I have one or two that are similar, but still very work in progress. I may post one tomorrow.

Thank you, Terry. I appreciate the kind words.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.