Pain

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by BlackPegasus, Jan 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlackPegasus

BlackPegasus Well-Known Member

This pain is radiating all over my body now. I feel sick. I am glad I have a contact for free health care but worry I won't qualify. And if I do how good will the treatment be, especially if I have to have surgery or something. Worry worry worry! i only wish I could quit worrying about what he's doing, the *******!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

Worrying solves absolutely nothing, but I know it's easier said than done to try not to worry.. maybe try and distract yourself, even for a short while. Maybe watch a movie, or go for a walk? :hug:

3. BlackPegasus

BlackPegasus Well-Known Member

That's the problem. I was trying to distract myself and I usually can because I'm not the worrying type but I can't lately. I have no idea why. The second I distract myself and start to relax the memories come back. :( Oh well at least I'll get to see a counselor soon..I hope.

I cut out most of my Satellite channels to save money so I will have to dig through my dvds. I'm not gonna sleep with nothing on like last night because I had terrible nightmares.

Thanks for the reply. :hug:

4. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

Do you have a friend you can phone or go and spend some time with? I know movies aren't always the best way to distract yourself. I hope the news you get back will be good and you can go see that counsellor, have read your journal (link in sig) and your posts on here and I can tell you're struggling a lot. You so don't deserve what you're going through. I'm going to be online for a while yet, if you want you're welcome to chat to me, perhaps that'll distract you.

5. rojomi

rojomi Banned Member

All I can offer is this; 2 years ago I was in a situation where I was in a great deal of pain. I thought I had no control over it, and was being fed strong painkillers. The best advice I got, and still use for physical and emotional pain was,"Don't obsess on your symptoms-try to take your mind somewhere else".
    The theory being, obsessing multiplies the effect of pain or pleasure. Does that make any sense?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.