Pain

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by texaskitty, Nov 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. texaskitty

texaskitty SF Cat Lady Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I've been in pain for months. Physical pain. I've had some tests and they still don't know whats wrong. Problem is I have no insurance and they want to do more tests. I won't have Medicade until Feb-March. How am I gonna deal with this pain until then? Feel hopeless and afraid.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Your doctor cannot prescribe you anything for the pain physical pain is so hard to deal with on top of everything else I hope your GP can think of something to help you

3. CatherineC

CatherineC Staff Alumni

I'm sorry I haven't a clue how your medical system works. Here in the UK, you'd get medical care free.
    Can you do some research into what might be wrong with you? Sometimes physical pain can be a result of food intolerences for example. You may also find that things like meditation can help control physical pain.
    Wish I could be of more help, sorry..

4. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

I think that medicaid will cover medical expenses that you have from your application date. So you don't have it yet, but it may cover the bills that you have now once you get it.

I don't know all of the details about this, but if you go to a hospital's financial office, they may be able to give you the details.

Acupuncture can be good for pain, but it is often quite expensive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.