painkiller addiction

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Ordep, Oct 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ordep

Ordep Well-Known Member

I'm a sort of Dr. House. I have a disease that causes me lots of pain and thus I have acess to painkillers as a way to manage my pain. Thing is, I'm preety sure I'm starting to become addicted to them, I feel myself craving them all the time, it's like their effect wears off sooner and sooner and I feel like taking more, tough I fight myself tooth and nail to keep myself for taking more than the daily dose.

Last month I went on a trip with a friend and because I wasn't sure I wouldn't end up abusing the pills, I asked my friend to hold them for me and control my usage. He did, but then I don't know what got to me and I smuggled more pills in my bag. In the end I came to my senses and handed my friend the extra pills, but still I should never have done that to begin with...

I'm afraid to tell my parents or my doctor, as I'm preety sure they'll cut my suplly and that's leave me in loads of pain... dunno what to do tbh...

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Ask them to change up the type of pain killers you are on. This way you will not get addicted to the one you have started. See if changing pain killers you need less Tell you dr whats happening so he can help.

3. Montage

Montage Well-Known Member

I don't know what you are taking, but this can become a SERIOUS problem!! You need to talk to your doctor as hard as it may be.. he can switch you or if you are on something like oxys he might have to get you off that and then start something new.. I had a terrible addiction with painkillers and know how hard it can get.. your doctor will not just cut you off and leave you with no relief trust me :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.