Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by __Rawr.Tigga, May 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. __Rawr.Tigga

__Rawr.Tigga Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say I have an eating disorder, but this seemed the best place to put this thread. I do have issues with eating though. But not a disorder.

Basically, I can't eat. For a number of reasons. Firstly, I'm scared about gaining weight, and ultimately I want to lose it. I feel guilty after eating, and I'm paranoid about the weight I will gain. I live on a diet of coffee and gum, and the occasional bread roll, anything more tends to make me physically ill.

This is fine with me, it's what I want. The issue I have is I keep getting really bad stomach pains, stabs of pain. It hurts like hell and feels like a knife is being plunged in and wriggled around. It makes you wanna cry and curl up into a ball. I've had it before, but now it's coming more frequent, about 10 times a day.

I don't really know what I'm asking for.... just, any info on what it might be? Or ways to stop it?

Thanks for you're time if you read this, sorry it's a bit of an essay.

~Stay safe, keep strong~
    Tigga x
  2. BioHomocide

BioHomocide Well-Known Member

Might just be gas...... or something worse. About feeling sick after eating, after you don't eat for a while your stomach shrinks and can be agitated by food. So it's good to eat regularly even if it's only small things like fruits or fat free yogurt. You can stay skinny and still eat! Also coffee on a empty stomach can be very stressful.

You would be better off consulting with a trained physician then asking regular people. You don't have to tell them about your eating disorder but you might need medical attention.
  3. shades

shades Staff Alumni

I'd just like to second the opinion stated above about seeing a doctor. You may not have a specific or common eating "disorder", but based on your comments your issues about weight gain are a cause for concern in my opinon, especially in light of the stomach pain.
  4. __Rawr.Tigga

Ok. Well, thankyou both for you're help anyways, and your advice

~Stay safe, keep strong~
    Tigga x
  5. sudut

sudut Well-Known Member

add veggies to the mix.
  6. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Maybe it's hunger pain. You might not feel hungry but that doesn't mean your stomach is not empty.
  7. Puppy

Puppy Well-Known Member

Mystic may be right. I remember when I was in college - I'd get stabbing pains in my stomach, or around/near my stomach if I hadn't eaten anything for a long period of time (like if I didn't eat anything when I was at college, or if I didn't eat enough).

Please try your best to feed your body. I know it'll be hard for you to start with, but your body will thank you for it! :hug:
  8. mike25

mike25 Well-Known Member

Hi, well I'd have to agree that you have issues with eating. I'm not a qualified nutritionist but coffee, gum, and bread doesn't sound like an entirely healthy diet. From personal experience, when I've restricted my diet for a length of time, my body has trouble accepting food - it doesn't taste right and makes me queasy. Starting with small amounts and gradually building up is the best way, though I'm not sure that's what you want? The stomach pains are probably your bodies way of saying 'Hey, look something is wrong'. Have you vomited blood at all? Do the pains wake you from sleep? If you don't wish to visit a GP, then can I suggest (you prob know this already!) that maybe you just eat a small amount of fruit and vegetables each day - they're very low in calories and fat, but they're rich in nutrients. You can get vegetable soups too - something to dunk your bread roll in!
    All the best.
  9. __Rawr.Tigga

Ok. Thankyou all so much. In reply to Mike, I've vomited blood but only the once, and not recently. I don't really want to see a GP, I'll try a bit extra food, and if it don't work, I'll consider the GP option.

Thanks again everyone, this has actually help :hug:

~Stay safe, keep strong~
    Tigga x
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.