Palin Supporters

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Xaos, Nov 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xaos

Xaos Well-Known Member

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Oh Canada...glorious and free...etc...If my cat had thumbs, I would send him on a book tour because you really can sell anything to some ppl...J
  3. shades

shades Staff Alumni

OMG...I don't know whether to laugh or cry!!!!!! I'm sorry if anyone from SF was in any of those interviews but the TOTAL IQ of all of them is still under 100.

I cannot prove this but I'm sure that many of them were bused in...just like for the "tea-bagger" protests, to make it look good.

They stand for "fairness and conservativeness" HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH :sadpanda:
  4. GabrielConroy

GabrielConroy Well-Known Member

the liberal obsession with conservative figureheads and never ending attempts to put down those with whom they don't agree with is...disgusting and amusing all at once and a manifestation of intolerance

eschew your labels and think for yourself
  5. shades

shades Staff Alumni

Rather , it is the conservatives who are the hate mongerers and want to deny abortions to those who have a legal, constitutional right.

It is the conservatives that are homophobic and are behind the attempts to deny those who wish to get married and just live together in peace without interference by other self-righteous individuals.

It is the conservatives and far right that are the intolerant and Palin is part of it.
  6. GabrielConroy

Im not denying conservatives aren't intolerant but i don't think your're any better than them
  7. Aeterna

Aeterna Account Closed

There is a vast difference between being intolerant of those who are intolerant, and being intolerant, period.

Besides, if we want to talk about obsessions with political figureheads and never ending attempts to put them down, then let's have a conversation about the anti-Obama 'tea parties'.
  8. GabrielConroy

again im not saying conservatives don't do the exact same thing but its that whole get the log out of your own eye bit

you hafta see you do the exact same thing as them, just label and attack

very little rational thought involved
  9. Aeterna

Aeterna Account Closed

As opposed to you, right?

You do realize all you've said is, "None of you think rationally", "You do the same thing"! That is very little rational thought. (My point here is that if you want to get in to an insult war, we can. Otherwise, keep your insults to yourself).

Again, I pointed out the difference between conservatives and liberals in my first sentence. Please address that before you post.
  10. GabrielConroy

Im not perfect but i try to be aware of how im thinking and address and possible biases or flaws

Im just saying dont break down people into "us and them" and then just say "thats them, they're wrong, they're stupid"

Instead of being concerned with who believes what and who is called what we should all focus on the issues and reasoning through them

a lot of people just kinda align themselves with a political party and then let that party make the decisions for them when each issue should be addressed individually and reasoned through without resorting to "liberal vs conservative" which just leads to narrow-mindedness and degradation of the other (foundation of the justification for war and slavery)

I know I havent been great about this and I need work as well but instead of immediately attacking me for disagreeing with you consider the point im making and then with your own reason decide if that point is a good one as everyone should do with all issues
  11. Mikeintx

Mikeintx Well-Known Member

Oh, I thought there were valid reasons to not like ones political viewpoints.
  12. Aeterna

Aeterna Account Closed

You don't actually address other's points, do you?

You were the one who brought in the "liberal" versus "conservative" issue, and now you're back tracking by saying that a liberal/conservative dynamic is wrong.

You were the one who brought it in to the "us" versus "them" mentality by essentially saying, "You're no better than we are!

You're equivalent to this:

Trust me, I'm more than capable of rationally making up my mind, and I am not attacking you because of any particular political opinion. I have rationally thought about what you are saying, come to the conclusion that you are wrong, and now I am making a post against what you are saying.

"Immediately attacking you" has nothing to do with this.

Again, address my points before you post.

I'm not exactly sure what you're implying here. Mind clarifying it for me?
  13. Mikeintx

Sure, what was wrong with the tea parties?
  14. GabrielConroy

my point is that this is a "ha ha lets laugh at Palin supporters" thread and that that kind of mindset isnt a constructive one
  15. Aeterna

Aeterna Account Closed

In this context? Nothing, in so far as you admit that it's an obsession with a political figurehead.

No, and neither is a "ha ha lets laugh at Liberals" either.
  16. GabrielConroy

I entirely agree :smile:
  17. Mikeintx

Oh, it can't be an obsession with specific policies that you believe are hurting the future of this country?
  18. Aeterna

Aeterna Account Closed

For specific people, absolutely.

For large groups of people? Nah.
  19. Mikeintx

Oh, how else would you protest then? I mean besides writing and calling your congressman and whatnot...
  20. max0718

max0718 Well-Known Member

I don't laugh at Palin supporters. I laugh at Palin supporters who try to justify why they are indeed Palin supporters. I mean come on - I watched some interviews with Palin on Youtube (the ones with Barbara Walters and Katie Couric) and how anyone can see her as a potential president is beyond me..
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.