Pan-sexual?

HakunaMatata

Hey,
So i was in the orientation thread and noticed people had a different views on being pan-sexual than myself. I've been going under being pan-sexual because i find it difficult to be attracted to someone purely on their looks when i don't know them. Basically, I need to know someone before i start feeling an attraction towards them. This is classed as pan-sexual right?

tweetypie

Antiquities Friend
pansexuality refers to the potential for sexual attractions, sexual desire, or romantic love, towards people of all gender identities and biological sexes. Some self-identified pansexuals refer to themselves as gender-blind—that gender and sex are insignificant or irrelevant in determining whether they will be sexually attracted to others. The Oxford English Dictionary writes that pansexuality "encompasses all kinds of sexuality; not limited or inhibited in sexual choice with regards to gender or activity." Pansexuality can also mean the attraction to a person's personality, rather than their physical appearance or gender.

(wikki)

Avarice

As I said in the other thread..

Being pan-sexual is about being attracted to someone for who they are, not what they are. It's essentially known as being blind to things such as gender identities and biological sexes. Being attracted to someone for their personality and not caring about looks is more of a personal preference rather than an actual sexual orientation. Even a bi-sexual, straight or gay person could use that as criteria for who they're attracted to and many do.
.. a lot of people find someone attractive based on personality rather than looks, it doesn't make them pan-sexual unless they're also blind to gender identities and biological sexes (meaning they don't care if someone is gay, bi, straight, transvestite, transgender, cisgender, etc).

HakunaMatata

As I said in the other thread..

.. a lot of people find someone attractive based on personality rather than looks, it doesn't make them pan-sexual unless they're also blind to gender identities and biological sexes (meaning they don't care if someone is gay, bi, straight, transvestite, transgender, cisgender, etc).
I did read what you said in the other thread. Notice i open this thread up before you posted that?
Thanks both of you's. Well i'm definitely pan-sexual with a hint of not caring about physical appearance.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00