Panic attack right now, please someone talk me through this

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Brokenness, May 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brokenness

Brokenness Well-Known Member

It's awful... Idk what to do, nothing helps

2. Theodora

Theodora Well-Known Member

I thought your post read as [Have a] Panic attack now. Thought they just come and I haven't had one for years praise be. Have you tried breathing into a paper bag?

3. Brokenness

I think this is worst one I have ever had, shivering, shaking, chest tight, can't stay still nauseated dizzy ican barely type from shaking

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hun phone someone ok a friend someone you trust talking to someone hearing a real voice can help Also slow slow breathing ok breath in the box it is called breath in count of 4 and out for the count of 4 It is good you are reaching out here too hun it will help ground you to let you know you are ok hugs

5. skinnylove911

skinnylove911 Well-Known Member

if you are getting those symptoms now please seek help

6. Sadmummy

Sadmummy New Member

I have had so many panic attacks that I've lost count and I understand how terrifying they are. Big hugs

Please try to bear in mind that you are anxious about something and it is causing you to breathe much faster than normal. This affects your body in lots of ways - dizziness, nausea, shaking, sweating, seeing spots in front of your eyes, knees wobbling, disorientation - all this makes you panic, you breathe faster and lose control.

As soon as you start to get your breathing under control then your symptoms will all go away, they are just your body reacting to your breathing.

Breathe in through your nose to a count of three,hold your breathe to a slow count of three, then breathe out to a slow count of three, like you are blowing on hot soup.

Try to think about something calm, or if you feel up to it, clean the house, go for a walk, anything that you can do that will allow you to do the breathing excercises whilst trying to take your mind off of your panic attack.

This will pass and you will be ok x

7. Brokenness

Thanks everyone, it did eventually stop, after about an hr. I have an appointment with psychiatrist on June 10, first time... I hate public and I hate meeting new ppl, so it will be hard to even show up... But I will force myself somehow. I think the recent panic attacks are partially in response to a change in meds. Knowing the reason doesn't lessen how it feels, unfortunately.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.