Panic Attack

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by ~Nobody~, May 3, 2007.

1. ~Nobody~

~Nobody~ Well-Known Member

Fuck!

I am at home in my bedroom and someone was banging and banging and banging at the front door. My dog was barking at them for all he was worth. They carried on banging and banging and banging and now I think that maybe they have gone away.

I think it might be someone coming to put our carpet on the staircase, but I don't know. No-one told me to expect visitors. No-one did. Aarrggggg I bet it's someone I should have let in, and they'll tell my mum or her fiance, and I'll get in trouble.

How can I get in trouble over this?! I'm fucking terrified. I could have been in the bath or, anything. I'm all flashback-y. :insomnia: Someone help me, please. I've already completely lost control of my breathing once.

I want to close my window but I'm worried that they'll notice it's been shut if they come back later and then they'll know I'm in. I wish I wasn't on my own here :cry: :cry: I'm so scared. :cry:

2. Angela30

Angela30 Member

R u going to be okayƉ

3. ~Nobody~

No. I'm freaking out. :cry: I don't even think this is rational but I really am terrified. My body is screaming at me. I'm really scared that they will come back. I can't go downstairs. I can't make any noise. It's a good job my curtains were closed already.

4. Angela30

Angela30 Member

You just have to try and think of some possitive stuff. YOu will be just fine. try and meditate or do some deep breathing that should help or call a friend or family member thats always a good thing to do . When i call someone when Im scared it makes me feel more comfortable and relaxed.

5. chasing_dreams

chasing_dreams Well-Known Member

Can you put some music on with headphones or something so you won't hear them if they do come back anyway? :hug:

6. ~Nobody~

My dog is going mental again which means they're probably outside :cry:. What do they want?!!

I can't call anyone because they might hear me talking. I can't listen to headphones in case something bad happens and I don't hear :cry:.

7. chasing_dreams

can you just stay on here and talk then? if they think there's nobody at home they'll soon go away, please don't worry :hug:

8. ~Nobody~

:hug: Thank you. I hope so. I'm scared that my mum told them I'd be here or something but never told me....

Eurgh I hate being so damned paranoid! :sad:

9. chasing_dreams

You can always tell your mum that you were in the shower/had music on or something and didn't hear anything. I'm sure they will just think that you've gone out if she did tell them that. I always hide in my flat when people ring the doorbell and hope that they'll go away if I don't know who it is. They never seem to stay around for long.

10. ~Nobody~

Thanks.

I hate answering the door to anyone I don't know. I jut can't do it, usually. Nice to know I'm not the only one, at least :hug:. Makes me feel like slightly less of a freak.

11. chasing_dreams

:hug: you're not a freak at all! I think a lot of people are the same. I don't even like answering the phone unless I know who's calling :smile:

12. ~Nobody~

Ditto! :hug:

Thanks for sitting with me :smile:.

Oh fuck, they're back. Jesus it can't be that important! :sad:

13. chasing_dreams

is there any way you can look out of a window to see who it is? :hug: i'm sure they won't stay around for much longer

14. ~Nobody~

Not without them seeing me, no.

But they've gone again now, I think...

Sorry for being annoying and patheitc. :hug:

15. chasing_dreams

you're not annoying or pathetic at all - i know exactly what it's like. i'm glad they've gone :smile:

16. ~Nobody~

Thanks. Thanks for making me feel less scared and alone. I'm calmer now. Hopefully they'll stay gone :smile: x

17. chasing_dreams

:hug: any time x

18. kindtosnails

kindtosnails Staff Alumni

:arms: Hope you're feeling better now. You're not a freak at all. i used to hide when my flatmates came to the door, let alone anyone else. :rolleyes:

19. ~Nobody~

:arms: Thanks guys :hug: Nice to know that I'm not alone x x