1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panic attacks during holiday season

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by flowers, Dec 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flowers

flowers Senior Member

Hi
    Last year I had panic attacks during the holiday season. It was the first time I had full blown panic attacks. I had anxiety attacks before. But never panic attacks. Now this year its happening again. I hope it goes away when the holiday season is over. Its strange but it can just come on without a trigger, or so it seems. I cannot discern a trigger at all. eg I went to facebook and had one as I was logging on. I like fb. and it doesnt upset me in any discernable way. Than it often takes a long time for it to go away. Anyway, just wanted to post this to hear if anyone else is dealing with it. <3

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

There were times when it seemed like out of the blue, these attacks would come over me...now, when I think it will be a time that sets it off, like the holidays, I spend more time doing relaxation exercises and such...I hope they go away too...also, I find my meds have decreased them a lot...J

3. ~Young-Violet~

~Young-Violet~ Banned Member

Hey, sorry to hear about your Panic attacks, I did some searching, I found this article useful on ways you can prevent it, if of coarse it happens again :)

Source - http://www.thesite.org/healthandwellbeing/mentalhealth/anxietyandstress/panicattacks

I hope it does become of use to you :hugtackles:

4. flowers

flowers Senior Member

Thanks Sadeyes. I try to limit my meds so I do not get addicted to them, thus having to increase amount for it to be effective. It odd how seemingly nothing will set it off. No discernable trigger. I am glad that you are not as plagued with them now. :pinkrose:

young Violet, how kind of you to post this. I am going to try to focus on my breath when it happens, which is actually right now. Thank you again for posting this. What a kind and thoughtful thing to do. :pinkrose:

5. cathyr

cathyr Member & Antiquities Friend

Sorry about the panic Flowers. Huggs to you. I'm not sure of the difference between a panic attack and an anxiety attack but I usually have anxiety attacks in crowded stores. I had one last week before Christmas in a supermarket which was not pleasant.

With the holidays almost over hope they will diminish for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.