Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Elle., Jun 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elle.

Elle. Well-Known Member

I'm really..really freaked out.

I was sitting on the couch with my mom.. she was watching tv and I was studying. Suddenly she's like: take a look at this this is gross!

Guess what.

A documentary about a girl of I suppose 15-17 who SI. Nearly got a heart attack making sure all of my cuts were covered up.

She goes on: I dont understand these people, they make me so agressive n pissed off its just like: get a grip and dont be so god damn stupid

me: well idk (trying not to say too much or show im shaking, turning red and sympathising with the girl on tv)

following that, I have to hear from my mom what the definition of SI is: 'you know, it's like when young girls make cuts in their arms with a razor until it bleeds and they wake up the next day feeling like they have a friend, how bizar hu'

I felt punched in the face.
  2. GA_lost

GA_lost Well-Known Member

Sweetie it can be so hard to tell a parent about cutting. You may want to search the web and copy some of the information about how to do this. If you do not have someone to talk it over with, you may want to get yourself situated with a therapist.
  3. Elle.

Elle. Well-Known Member

Thank you for replying :)

I really wasn't planning on ever telling her htough, but just now I got reminded as to why .....

She just made me like a freak it was horrible
  4. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear you had to go through that. Unfortunately it's the case that most people just haven't got a clue about these kind of issues. Your Mum probably reacted this way because the whole idea of such things just scares her. Anger usually comes from fear and fear often comes from not understanding something. Best wishes.
  5. kris..

kris.. Well-Known Member

I hate your mum
  6. rebel inside

rebel inside Account Closed

hate to hear that i know how hard it can be telling family ive cut for about 10 years once my father found out went crazy good job he has epilepsy he forgot a day later.
  7. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I'm sorry to hear that. :sad:

Just remember that if she hasn't been through that sort of pain before, she can't understand what it feels like. its not entirely her fault that she has those views. I just hope you will be able to open up to someone else about your self harming issues. :hug:
  8. Rachel123

Rachel123 Well-Known Member

Im sorry you had to hear your mom say those things :( She just doesn't understand and probably never will.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.