Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by waterlily, Oct 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. waterlily

waterlily Active Member

does anyone out there have any tools for getting past a period of panic attacks?? I need some help.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

i was told to look at 5 different things in your room the feel 5 different things then stomp your feet get grounded to where you are. Last breath slow breaths and think of a place you were happy. listen to music get awarm bath
    call a friend or crisis team to just talk they will help keep you calm i hope it passes quickly take care.
  3. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

I lay down flat on my bed and breath evenly and I pray.

4. waterlily

waterlily Active Member

thank you
  5. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Good advice.. My therapist calls it visualization and controlled breathing.. They are both good coping skills..Use them both at the same time..
  6. where were you

where were you New Member & Antiquities Friend

Mindfullness meditation is very helpful, I will link you to a wiki (for a general idea of what it is and some proper articles and some guided walkthroughs that they have on youtube:

6 minute guided meditation:

10 minute guided meditation for stress:
    (this I listened to for a bit and he uses some kind of a bell and it was too painful for my chronic headaches)

Documentries explaining it and how it affects your brain:

Cognitive Neuroscience behind mindfulness: 48 minutes

Mindfulness guided meditation with Jon Kabat-Zinn (the founder of Mindfulness Meditation at from John-Hopkins Univesity) 1h 12 minutes (think I actually might listen to this while going to bed istead of my delta wav cd)

I hope these help :)
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.