Papa's Girl

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by SizamiTheBox, Apr 28, 2007.

1. SizamiTheBox

SizamiTheBox Guest

i was always a grandpas girl, to both my papa hiott and papa dodd. my papa dodd died when i was 6 or 7 to cancer...but my papa hiott killed himself when i was 3...i remember my papa hiott better than i remember my papa dodd. which is strange because i lost my papa hiott first. he was awesome and i miss him, hes not blood related but he was really the only father figure i dad took off...i dont think my papa hiotts suicide effected me cuz...i was so young when it happend...but im sad hes gone. can a 3 year old be affected by a suicide?
  2. a 3 year old would definately be affected by the death of someone close to them, and when they were older they would be affected that the cause of death was suicide, but at the age of 3 a child doesn't normally understand what suicide is..but they would definately be affected by the loss? > sorry if that makes little-no sence< :hug: x
  3. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I saw my cousin suicidee when I was 3. Yes you can be affected by it. Even if you do not realize what it was at the time, it is still agreat loss. Then as you begin to realize the truth and can understand, just knowing is hard. I am sorry you have lost those influetial people in your life. Take care hun. :hug:
  4. Jenny:[

Jenny:[ Active Member