papau new guinean tribe meets a white man for the first time

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Xaos, Jun 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xaos

Xaos Well-Known Member

2. Issaccs

Issaccs Well-Known Member

This is very humbling, definatly worth a watch.

3. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

That was awesome

4. Xaos

Xaos Well-Known Member

5. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

There goes another good society about to be corrupted and destroyed by Europeans.

6. Zurkhardo

Zurkhardo Well-Known Member

A powerful video, although there seem to be some rumblings about it's authenticity.

7. Romancer

Romancer Well-Known Member

about to be? PNG has been under the influence for a long time. although it's still pure in a way, you can clearly see the effects australia and uk have on it. for example the whole "i'll give you pot, you give me old guns" thing. ^^ So yeah, corrupted.

the video is interesting though. :)

8. Zurkhardo

Zurkhardo Well-Known Member

Indeed, 97% of the country's population is Christian, and spread across dozens of wildly different denominations. It's long been one big gold mine for missionaries seeking to peddle their own "true" version of the universe's workings.

9. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

Is there nothing sacred anymore?? I mean they have lived many years isolated and self-sufficient. Now, the white man comes along and ruins everything, including their view of god. The white man can ruin so much.

10. Xaos

Xaos Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was just reading about that, what a load of cack if that's the case.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2011
  11. Issaccs

Issaccs Well-Known Member

All this negativity, you realise that that entire region is full of tribes living their traditional way of life despite contact with westerners...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.