Paralized with fear

Discussion in 'Midnight Owl' started by SpiderofBeauty, Jan 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Last nights dream was the worst I’ve ever had. I’m still scared of it, especially the creatures, they can’t be called human, I'm scared might come and get me. I’m pretty sure Travis (my love) thinks I’m insane after I told him about it.

I don’t remember too much about the beginning but I know at in the beginning the boy and girl where a man and a woman, and they were me and Travis, together and in love. They (we) heard about a town that had been abandoned and locked off after terrible things happened there. They (we) Decided to investigate. Upon arrival they found the town to be more like a suburb that had been walled in, they noticed a gap in the wall and tossed back and forth of ideas how the attackers had gotten inside this walled place, like it had always been walled in and had the “attackers” came from outside. They went inside. This is where it turned into a nightmare. Inside there was small pond, there were houses around it, no real street just lots of grass. The houses were old and made of wood, they still looked nice enough on the out side but just by looking you could tell something was wrong, they were all locked from the outside. They walked around the pond until the woman (me) looked over to the man (Travis) and said “What kind of feeling do you get from this place?” He responded “ I feel like if anyone comes in here I won’t see them alive again.” They both stopped for a moment while the pressure of the words weighed down of them. They were in here, they might not be seen alive again if this feeling was right. The woman looked down. At her feet their was another woman laying down near the pond, she started to lift up in a jerky but smooth and very horrifying manner. Her skin was grey and dirty, her hair was dark and wet, it was easy to see her bones. The woman (I) stumbled back horrified and tripped on a rock. This is when things got really bad. She (I) fell through one of the doors, there was a split second when she looked at the woman on the ground and noticed she was gone. Then she felt hand pulling her arms into the house and she was a little girl again, she wasn’t strong enough to fight back. Inside they beat and tortured her in ways that made me wake up a little each time, enough to avoid seeing it completely but not enough to leave the dream. I held my breath for her for myself. They were breaking ribs, scratching biting. Then she got away, the man (Travis) was now a boy and was still outside. He had managed to push the woman, who had crawled out again to attack him, back into the pond. Together they thought they had beaten them (the attackers). Then the girl was back inside, she thought if she could just get one of them outside they’d be better. She was pulling on one of their arms, it was hard and cold. The skin was wrinkled and drawn tight, it was wearing a dress. It was looking down. The girl (I) realized that she had made a horrible mistake, another one came out of a door to her side. It ran at her, she could see it’s mouth, it was smiling it’s teeth were dirty with old blood and scraps of meat, of flesh, human flesh. It grabbed at her and started ripping at her clothes, she could hear the tearing and ripping noise, the creatures nails were hard and sharp, while ripping off her clothes they scratched her skin too, in a matter of seconds she was exposed and they were all over her, biting, scratching, licking, touching her (me) in horrible ways she couldn’t bear. They dragged her off down an ill lit hallway. It was lined with five windows and a door on one side, there was a dog but it got outside. The boy (Travis) was in the room here. Like everywhere else in the house the wall paper was the color of tea and blood, it was pealing. The floor was dirty and bloody. They (Travis and I) were strapped to tables and the creatures started touching them both, breaking bones, pulling back their skin and taking a bite of the muscle underneath, I removed myself, holding my breath and found my self seeing the tourture through a kind of split screen view. I couldn't wake up or force it away, I tried looking anywhere, the living room, the kitchen but they were both full of bodies, crabs where crawling from the pound out to feast on the remains. I’m not sure how but the kids got away and were adults again, only they weren't Travis and me anymore. They were empty and in a hospital. Doctors where looking down on them trying to figure out what happened. All I can think is we left the door unlocked.

When I write it down it’s not as scary but I’m still jumping at small noises and movements made by the cats. If I ever saw anything that looked even remotely like those creatures I’d be too scared to move, I’d collapse and they’d get me. I was afraid to move from the center of the bed this morning afraid that I’d look over the edge and one would be laying on the floor waiting to get me with two or three more waiting for me in the hallway or the laundry room or meme’s (my grandmother) room. They’ll be the most terrifying things in the world until my next dream, or rather nightmare.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.