Parallel Universe

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by seithkein, Jul 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seithkein

seithkein Well-Known Member

You know how they say that there are parallel universes and that in some of them you are actually happy and made, well sometimes i wounder to myself if somehow in those other universes, I'm happy and if I'm a different person.
  2. Random

Random Well-Known Member

I suppose it's a possibility and is interesting to think about.
  3. middleofnowhere

middleofnowhere Well-Known Member

For the sake of the universe, I hope there aren't two of me.
  4. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

It sounds more like a fantasy vs reality. I personally don't beleive that. I do beleive in reincarnation. I beleive you keep coming back until you get it right. Then you will find happiness. Don't get me wrong If that is what you beleive then go for it. Everyone is different and everyone has there own beleifs. Like I beleive in the Indian way of life and beleifs. If you ask me they were in touch with themselves, They only took what they needed from the earth and because of the way they beleived they always thanked any thing they took from it.:chopper:
  5. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

Definitely interesting to think about. I think there are parallel universes, but to think about if we are happy or sad in them, or if we are even human in them, it's just so much to think about.
    Well, anything is possible really! Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
  6. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Parallel universes do exist other wise known as Multi-verses. And off course that means there are soo many possibilities and outcomes. But one shouldn't be fixed on those things but instead think of the universe we are in now.
  7. Darken

Darken Well-Known Member

I always think about this. If some things were different in my life, I might be way different right now. Would the other me be happy? I have not felt happiness since I was 10 or so. The other me might be succesfull and happy.

Time travel. If you go back in time, every little thing you do could change the world of the future so much. Thats why you would have to be really careful. Do some thing wrong and some people might not be born or won't become what they were in the future.
  8. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

I believe in the multiverse theory but I don't believe there is another carbon based life form schmuck just like me in another solar system/galaxy/universe. God couldn't possibly be that sadistic :rolleyes:.

I've mentioned before that I've unfortunately lost my faith in prayer/the afterlife/the soul but I like to hope there is an afterlife where I can retain my personality and innate qualities and not in a state where consciousness equals torment.
  9. touglytobeloved

touglytobeloved Well-Known Member

There is a possibility.... Althought I dont see how can I be happy in another universe.
  10. hyperion

hyperion Member

I don`t believe in such theory...we have just this fucking universe were we are as insignificants as dust.
  11. Aaron

Aaron Well-Known Member

Given the way i've messed up i think It must be my first time here then!...I can't say i'm looking forward to reincarnation.
  12. middleofnowhere

middleofnowhere Well-Known Member

So, seithkein, how do you feel about the responses to your hypothesis?
  13. Reki

Reki Well-Known Member

If parallel universes interest you you should check out some articles on quantum physics, they're just the tip of a very crazy iceberg. While most of it is way over my head, I find it fascinating to read about the unknown. Things like time travel, superposition, time flowing in different directions, things that just a few years ago would have incited mad laughter in someone had you told them you believed in them, are fast becoming very real possibilities. The raw potential we have as human beings is incredible, the universe is infinitely vast and that's just like magic to me, maybe it'll interest you too.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.