Paranoia on weed experiences?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by feathers, Mar 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. feathers

feathers Well-Known Member

I had my first weed paranoia incident last night! I was lying in bed, stoned, and I suddenly got scared that demons were going to attack me!

It was rather weird because I don't believe in demons!!

Any stories out there? :)

K x

2. The Scream

The Scream Well-Known Member

i once had a negative experience too... i was feeling very sad all day and i thought maybe smoking a joint could help get my mind off things but it only made things worse... i got really paranoid... i was smoking a joint by myself in the park and as i tried to walk back home i thought all the cars, busses and people riding their bikes were going to run me over and all the people wanted me dead...

ever since i try to avoid smoking one alone...

3. Odyssey

Odyssey Member

I was hopping into this forum about something else and saw your post. Maybe it's weird for me to comment, because I've never tried weed. But maybe not, because the reason I've never done any "street" drugs is because I'm really, truly worried about having a "counter-intuitive" reaction like what you're describing. When I had a major surgery when I was fairly young (like 12), I was put on morphine while I was in the hospital, and I ended up strung out, having terrible, paranoid hallucinations. I hardly slept for the week I was in there except when I forced myself to deal with the pain without the morphine. These sorts of reactions do happen, unfortunately; I've been told that it can have something to do with ADD/ADHD, but my research on the condition doesn't seem to support that suggestion. At any rate, I really haven't any idea if this will be helpful to you or not, but for some reason it seemed to relate in my head...

4. feathers

feathers Well-Known Member

Odyssey, I've actually stopped smoking weed so hopefully I won't have any more such bad experiences :D.

5. Odyssey

Odyssey Member

kazine, I share your hope in that :) Feel free to PM me if you ever feel the need or desire.

6. depressedGirl

depressedGirl Well-Known Member

Yeah. Like when I thought everyone was talking about me and staring at me. What the??? Glad you stopped though. I wish I would come to my senses. Just when I thought I had stopped I went running back to it. It's annoying.

7. TooShyToScream

TooShyToScream Well-Known Member

I had paranoia the first time I smoked it. I kept alternating between laughing and crying for no reason.

8. oval

oval Well-Known Member

one time i thought my best friend wanted to kill me with mascara xD
    another time i was laying in bed in the dark and suddently heard growling right next to me. i was scared shitless and thought it was some kind of demon ready to kill me

9. messed up

messed up Member

the very first time i smoked it was in a friends house.there were about 6 of us smoking. i was sat on the stairs and thought i saw a huge rat with a huge tail (if it wasnt as big as me i may of thought i did actually c a rat. lol) but all my friends found it very funny as we wer all sat together and there was not rat! lol

xx

10. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

I used to get anxiety when I first started but now it's quite the opposite for me, nothing but chill.

11. liquid

liquid Well-Known Member

i had a really bad experience from a strain called "kali". it was far stronger that the stuff i was used to, but i smoked it just as i normally would. Bout half hour later i was on the floor thinking i was having a heart attack and hallucinating like crazy.

i wanted to call an ambulance but i couldnt remember where my phone was lol
    i havent smoked much weed since that, frankly im a little scared of the stuff now, i really thought i was going to die

12. peacelovingguy

peacelovingguy Well-Known Member

In some people cannabis can cause paranoia - I think everyone who smokes will have an episode of it at some time but if it persists then I'd not be smoking it myself!

A lot of younger people can have peer pressure and maybe be in a crowd which uses. Sometimes it is hard to say no - there is always some idiot who will label you a 'fag' or 'wierdo' if you don't do drugs! Silly really, but make sure that if you are young - don't ever feel obliged to be 'one of the crowd' and go against your own judgement.

I think for most people the paranoia that comes with cannabis is due to it being illegal. If you have some and are walking out and about then your likely paranoid about being arrested for it - understandable really!

Take that away and I guess people would be less paranoid smoking weed.

13. Kiba

Kiba Well-Known Member

Just had a tiny bit tonight. Besides tonight Ive only had some 2 other times. More forced to.. I generally don't smoke it because it makes me really depressed.. And right now just super depressed so.. idk.. I don't think I'm going to have more again.. I only had small amount.. (2 inhales) but even that was enough to make me this depressed... :(

14. oval

oval Well-Known Member

I recently started hearing voices when I'm high. At first it was a soft male voice talking to me. Last time i smoked it tuned into poltergeist like (the movie, when the little girl talks through the tv) noises with voice bits and peaces. I think I'll lay off the pot for a while

15. Aaron

Aaron Well-Known Member

Good thing you've stopped smoking it....they don't call it 'shit' for nothing. :dry:

I'm an ex weed smoker, been off it for about 11 years, in the end I started getting manic/paranoid after just two drags of a joint....weird.

16. Olermann

Olermann New Member

I smoke weed everyday.

Many times some disturbing images come to my mind and horrible thoughts, like razors cutting between my teeth and overall a lot of pain.

17. peacelovingguy

peacelovingguy Well-Known Member

So, give it up for a while and see how you feel!

Cannabis is very much a drug which differs from person to person. Here - with people obviously under pressure mentally - sometimes cannabis works against you - it antagonises things.

But if its good for you - then you still have be careful you do not turn into a real heavyweight toker.

Less is more with cannabis - I mean if you sit in all day toking - you feel less high than you would if you never smoked all day and had a chill out in the evening.

For some - cannabis is a natural way to deal with depression.

18. Growing Pains

Growing Pains Well-Known Member

My experience is very similar to Liquid's. I used to smoke it casually (yes, that is possible! lol) and I was always fine. I'd be "chill". I'd eat more than usual but had no experience other than being calm and relaxed. But one day I was smoking it at a friends house and I, too, was certain I was going to die. Geeze, I was freaking out. Haven't touched it since and don't plan to. Let's just say, that experience scared me away from it for life.

19. HawthornePassage

HawthornePassage Well-Known Member

I found a small bit of it to be relaxing and neat; made music deeper, etc. But at the same time, it made me more aware of myself. If you've read my posts, I have problems with being TOO aware of myself and too much of a thinker, so not my drug, no thanks. One time I took too much and it felt like a complete overload. I was somewhat paranoid but I didn't actually think anything would happen, it was just uncomfortable.

20. Patches

Patches Active Member

That same thing happened to me! I thought I was dying...never again.

There was another time that I kept seeing turkeys popping up, and I swear I heard "gobble gobble" but that might've been my friend messing with me lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.