Paranoia

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by panzer759, Jul 11, 2015.

1. panzer759

panzer759 Active Member

Tonight I was out with my dad fishing for sharks on the beach having a good time for once. but then some time past and I was sitting in one of our chairs and my heart started racing and I fell into a "paranoia attack". this always happens and I couldn't control myself I got terrified idk why so I just got up and paced around like a fool. I'm usually always some level of paranoid but occasionally I just get really suspicious and nervous of any little thing that happens around me and it drives me crazy. I hate myself for it so I choose to be alone most of the time to avoid being embarrassed. I wish I wasn't so fucking stupid all the time.

2. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi, you need to focus on the moment and calm down. You are overthinking about everything which is normal when you are suffering from paranoia attack. You need to remain strong as its your mind playing games. There is nothing happening, get yourself surrounded by people like in restaurant and have a cup of coffee. Go for a walk and exchange smiles. Do not feel isolated as the paranoia will only get worse. You are among people who care about you.

3. panzer759

panzer759 Active Member

thanks Unknown, I appreciate the advice and try to use it in the future

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

You are not stupid. You are human. Millions of people get panic attacks, it doesn't make them freaks/weird/stupid. Hating yourself for it is likely to make the problem worse too. You will get into that vicious cycle of panic attack:feeling stupid:hating yourself. When getting an anxiety keep in mind that it will pass :hugs:

Are you seeing any professionals for this?

As said by the poster above me,you are among people that care :hugs:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2015
  5. panzer759

panzer759 Active Member

thanks Petal, and no I haven't seen or gotten any professional help. I haven't even let my parents know how I've felt for the past few years now. I guess I just haven't worked up the courage to do that yet.

6. Petal

Telling them is I think the best thing you can do right now. You don't have to come out straight away and say ''im suicidal'', just say you're feeling down and under the weather and you want to see someone. How do you think your parents would react? How old are you? I wish you the best.

7. panzer759

panzer759 Active Member

I'm 16, and I know how my parents would be. my mom would be crushed she would be so lost without me
    no matter how much of a pain I can be. and my dad would be the same. doesn't matter if they still have my two older sisters I mean the world and more to them. I suppose it's too bad I wouldn't miss myself as much as they would.

8. Petal

Bless you :hugs:

You have a good heart and a good head on your shoulders. You have it in you to get through this. Please tell someone close to you how you are feeling, could you confide in your sisters? You do not have to suffer in silence.

9. panzer759

panzer759 Active Member

thank you. I could never tell my sisters, either one, my oldest would just not understand and the younger of the two would say it's a phase get over it, or u need to tell mom and dad. depends on her mood. I have been in silence for years now, pretty sad for a 16 year old, huh? except for one instance actually within the last 2 months or so when me and a best friend of mine talked about our own struggles, he told me about his and admitted he is not nearly as bad as me, given that he said he has only been feeling sad lately, not suicdal and a person who has attempted 3 times and failed someway or another

10. panzer759

panzer759 Active Member

maybe as far as telling my parents go it might be important to note that the only time my dad found me in my room being all depressed sitting in the corner listening to music he made fun of me rather than asking if I was ok. that's cool.

11. Petal

Do you have a counselor in school? Maybe try self help books, there's a book called ''when panic attacks'' and it helped me a lot. Here on this site, talk and vent as much as you want, we will and do understand your struggles. I have a 16 year old sister and would die for her. We have a great bond. I really hope you can get through this without harming yourself. you are stronger than you think :)

12. panzer759

panzer759 Active Member

I have one at school, but it is the summer and I don't trust them at all. she is nice but me and school don't mix well, not that I get into trouble there but I just try to have the least amount of involvement within school as possible. and thanks, maybe I will make it through ok, but most of me really doesn't want to.

13. Petal

When I was 16 I was housebound, agoraphobia brought on by people bullying me on the school bus and in school it was hell, i was housebound for 4-5 years, completely and i have made it out the other side, if you put in the effort (which you are doing here) you will start to see results. Any aunts, uncles, cousins you can talk to?

14. SillyOldBear

SillyOldBear Teddy Bear Fanatic Staff Member Safety & Support

Are you active in a church; maybe have a pastor to talk to? Or can you see a doctor without your parent's permission. I have panic attacks too. Heck, I had one during the movie 'Stuart Little', a cartoon about a mouse. lol
    But they have a lot of meds that can help. I know you have to be a bit more careful with them at your age, but a doctor could advise. Ativan is a great little tranquilizer that can help a lot. I take it when things get really bad. You just have to be very careful with it because it is addictive.

Aside from that, deep breathing can help. Just concentrate on your breathing, in and out, in and out. And picture a favorite place or event while you breath. Soft music can also be a great help. Good luck, and remember, this will pass.

15. panzer759

panzer759 Active Member

thanks for the advice and sharing ur own experience, Bear & Petal, I have some close family that I could go to, but none that I would as it would be better to go to my parents. and as far as church goes my family is Lutheran but I'm not religious at all, but that's just my preference and own belief.

16. Petal

You're more than welcome panzer. Keep posting to keep us updated :) I really think talking to a parent might help :hugs:

17. panzer759

panzer759 Active Member

thanks Petal :)