Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by JobForAVictim, Nov 9, 2007.

1. JobForAVictim

JobForAVictim Well-Known Member

I haven't spoken to anybody about this before, but I need to vent about it a bit.

I generally consider myself a very rational person.
    However, I have had some experiences which make me doubt myself.
    For about a year, I was convinced I was developing psychic powers, ranging from telepathy to psychokinesis.
    In particular, I believed I could use a quartz crystal to suck out people's life energy.
    For a couple of months, I believed that all adults could read minds, and there was a huge conspiracy to cover it up.
    Some of these beliefs have been pretty disturbing.
    I believed that when I was going to sleep, my body became paralyzed and aliens were doing experiments on my organs.
    This summer, I believed that my body was infested with worms.

All of these things make perfect sense at the time.
    I believed that God told me to become a Jesuit last week, and that seemed fine.
    I cut a symbol into my arm to give myself magic powers, and that seemed perfectly reasonable.

Lately, I am mostly just afflicted by light paranoia, which doesn't bother me much.

These beliefs don't bother me much, but they seem really irrational, and I should by all means be bothered by them. I don't have schizophrenia or anything, so I don't know why I believed this stuff. I'm not going to mention it to my psychiatrist or counselor, because they would pump me full of more antipsychotics.