1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Paranoia

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by JobForAVictim, Nov 9, 2007.

1. JobForAVictim

JobForAVictim Well-Known Member

I haven't spoken to anybody about this before, but I need to vent about it a bit.

I generally consider myself a very rational person.
    However, I have had some experiences which make me doubt myself.
    For about a year, I was convinced I was developing psychic powers, ranging from telepathy to psychokinesis.
    In particular, I believed I could use a quartz crystal to suck out people's life energy.
    For a couple of months, I believed that all adults could read minds, and there was a huge conspiracy to cover it up.
    Some of these beliefs have been pretty disturbing.
    I believed that when I was going to sleep, my body became paralyzed and aliens were doing experiments on my organs.
    This summer, I believed that my body was infested with worms.

All of these things make perfect sense at the time.
    I believed that God told me to become a Jesuit last week, and that seemed fine.
    I cut a symbol into my arm to give myself magic powers, and that seemed perfectly reasonable.

Lately, I am mostly just afflicted by light paranoia, which doesn't bother me much.

These beliefs don't bother me much, but they seem really irrational, and I should by all means be bothered by them. I don't have schizophrenia or anything, so I don't know why I believed this stuff. I'm not going to mention it to my psychiatrist or counselor, because they would pump me full of more antipsychotics.