Paranoia

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't sure where to post this so sorry if it's in the wrong place :unsure:

Does anyone here suffer from paranoia? Not the "someone's out to get me" type but more the "I don't trust this person, they are lying to me, she/he's cheating" type. :unsure:

What do you do when it gets to the stage of becomming a problem in your friendships/relationships?
What if you find something out cos of your paranoia which might be totally harmless, but because you are paranoid about this exact situation you over react?
What if you can't trust people?

Does anyone here feel like I do????? :unsure: :anyone:

Terry

Antiquities Friend
Staff Alumni
We've talked about this before Sam and the problem with this kind of thing is it can end up having the result you fear so much, just because the other person gets sick to death of being accused and/or not trusted.

Basically the answer is trust, you have to take that leap of faith and trust the other person.
Now being someone who has had that trust blow up in her face (me not you :laugh:) I know that can be damned hard, but it's the only way a relationship can thrive.

If you really cannot get round the constant fear of being cheated on or losing the significant other, then maybe talking to someone at "Relate" or similar organisation would help. :hug:

Sam
Oddly enough lately I have been struggling with both the "thy are out to get me" and "they are lying to me" paranoia. I have been trying to fight through and past it but it's tough when evidence keeps popping up to prove I'm right.

Hang in their hun and what terry said is true. It's going to lead to the result you fear most. :hug:

Stay safe
Kellz

Terry, thanks for the reply. im gonna see my doctor in two weeks, see if he has any ideas :hug:

Kells, sorry you feel like this. and thanks for the advice :hug:

Terry

Antiquities Friend
Staff Alumni
Just a thought Sam, but you have lost the most important person in your life in the last few months, this could be at the root of your fear....I might be wrong but things have been very unsettled for you since then. :hug: This is bound to cause a fair bit of fear off loss in you.

Terry

Antiquities Friend
Staff Alumni
Grief has no time limit, people take as long as it takes to recover.
On top of that you lost your home, so things are bound to be very up in the air and that can cause all sorts of fears and panics to raise their ugly heads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00