Paranoia

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Stranger1, Jan 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Here as of late I have been seriously paranoid.. I suffer from it, agoriphobia, socialphobia, depression,anxiety,and several other problems.. Being paranoid I feel more suicidal because I know if I end it that I won't have to worry about anyone being after me..My shrink had me on skyzo meds to battle the voices and seeing things..That med helps.. Out of all the meds i'm on nothing really helps with my problem..I feel like the police are going to show up and take me away..I don't do anything illegal but I am just afraid of them..Maybe it has something to do with my dad being an excop..I don't know what to do.. I know I can't keep going like this.. I was in therapy for five years but have quit going because I felt like I was talking about the same things and that my T wasn't understanding me..I don't want to be alive anymore..I have been smoking like a freight train for 42 years hopeing I will get cancer..I have felt like I was having a heart attack a couple of times but the doctors say theres nothing wrong with my heart..I have my two methods already figured out..Please if you know a way to decrease paranoia feel free to tell me.. No I won't go back to therapy..It wasn't helping..:eek:ld:

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I am sorry you are feeling this way so afraid of what is to come. Paranoia is a hard one to fight against but there are newer meds that do help. Have you tried saphris i hear it works wonders on paranoia. I think talking here helps too as you don't feel so alone right. talk to your doc okay try newer medication see if it helps

3. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

I have a bad case of OCD and there is a phenomenon known as "OCD paranoia". I have that form of paranoia and it is terribly demoralizing. With OCD I over-think and overanalyze everything especially people's opinion of me. I always assume people think the worst of me until I get reassurance which often makes me too neurotic to deal with.

I am trying to find a place to live but all I have been offered have been in some "affordable" rough neighborhoods. Objectively, I would stand out racially like a sore thumb drawing unwanted attention but also home and auto robberies are far more common. I'm too paranoid to live in these rough neighborhoods so I'm stuck in an abusive situation.

Paranoia is tough Joseph and especially with everything else you are dealing with- I'm terribly sorry for suffering. Informal meditation, just sitting in a chair in a quiet and dimly lit room slows my panicky thoughts. Like total eclipse said talk to your pdoc about Saphris. My OCD paranoia is similar but treated by addressing seretonin which may some day give me some control over my anxiety and depression. You are not alone in fighting multiple psychiatric issues- please try to not give in to despair!

4. gakky1

gakky1 Well-Known Member

Stanger1, know what you're going thru because I am that way so much too, it's a horrible feeling. I don't know how to get rid of it, therapy wasn't helping me either, after a while words and cliches make it worse.:mhmm: Really had it bad as of late, especially here, always feel as if I make one comment taken the wrong way everyone will hate me even more, will be on for 2 hours here and make 2 posts because I'm too scared to.:sad: Feel free to PM me anytime, I know what the feeling is like so hopefully would have something positive to say or at least I can relate to what you're going thru.:tiger:

5. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

hey joseph sorry you are feeling so rough. sending a big hug. maybe your meds need to be switched up again. talk to your doctor. whatever you do, don't kill yourself. you can get past this. keep posting. keep leaning on us. and give your doctor a call.

6. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Thank you everyone..I was suppose to go have blood work done this morning but the paranoia and agoriphobia were way out of control..I'm holding on for now but don't know how much longer I can deal with this..I don't talk about my problems with my family because they just don't understand how I can be like this.. When I was younger I had a personality and friends..When I quit getting high all this just fell on my shoulders like a ton of bricks..It's been 25 years of pure hell..I don't like feeling this way..

7. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi Joseph sorry u did not get out to get blood work done another time maybe I finally got out today and got my blood work over with. It is hard when family just don't understand I do hope you continue to get some support though okay even if it is just some councilling to get u through this rough spot now. Please reach out okay talk to old therapist even just do help pull you out of the darkness a bit okay hugs:hugtackles::hugtackles:

8. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

Joseph sending you *hugs* but I don't have any advice..
    I hope you can get past this latest setback...:console:

9. Nima

Nima Well-Known Member

Seek out a Counselor that deals with cases such as yours. You should not be so paranoid I think you should be on Medication. I'm just offer my 2 cents

10. wOOt99

wOOt99 Active Member

I had a friend who had the same problem. I told him to try meditation and it lowered his anxiety and paranoia.

Go to a place spacious and private. Like a part of a beach with no people. Just stare into the horizon. Do this for 10-20 minutes. Watch the waves and the clouds. Do your best to not think about anything at all.

It worked for my friend, it could help you.

11. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Hey if nothing else works you can chat it up with me bro. Not much but all I have to offer :arms:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.