Paranoid

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by WHY ME????, Jun 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WHY ME????

WHY ME???? Active Member

When your out do you always feel like people are watching and judging you? When you hear people laughing do you sometimes feel as though they are laughing at you?

2. ItThing

ItThing Well-Known Member

:dunno: frankly not. Why do you think so? Such behaviour is rude anyway :dry:.

3. BlackPegasus

BlackPegasus Well-Known Member

I used to but it sort of went away as I got older. It used to be awful though. I felt so insecure all the time.

4. perry_mason

perry_mason Well-Known Member

when i have to go out, i put the headphones in, crank up the music, and dont look at people.

but then i figured they are probably not laughing at me so i try not to worry as much now

5. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

No, I really don't feel that way, but it doesn't mean I like to go out alot. I have to because of my job though.

6. WHY ME????

WHY ME???? Active Member

I think its to do with social anxiety. I always feel insecure when I'm out on my own. :sad:

When I were good clothes or when I think I look good I feel good.

7. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

Whyme I get like that sometimes. I get the feelings that people are looking at me in disgust and laughing at me. It prob. is social anxiety or some problems within you need to deal with. :hug:

8. Clockwork Reality

Clockwork Reality Well-Known Member

All the time.

Do you know what I really hate? When I'm just sitting around minding my own business and my cell phone rings.

RING RING RING RING RING

The vibrations always make me jump out of my skin and I want to scream, "who are you? What do you want? LEAVE ME ALONE!"

Too bad it's my business phone and I can't do that . . . but I've been pretty happy since I turned off my personal cell. I hate talking to people.

9. galalleni

galalleni Well-Known Member

Howdy Why Me????,

I've been out and had people laugh at me and talk behind my back - sometimes I'm not sure it's about me, but it sure feels like it. As far as paranoia goes - it's incapacitated me before - I can't take the garbage out of my house or eat alone around strangers, I have trouble being around anyone I don't know unless several people I know accompany me. The only time I get out of my house is to see my counselor, but I hate the waiting room because I can tell people there are branding me as crazy (I don't pickup a magazine because they are all boring). It's not easy doing anything when everyone is judging you - the only place I really feel safe talking to strangers is here on the forum - it's really holding me back from doing anything.

10. beauutyy

beauutyy Well-Known Member

i used to,but i grown to not really give a fuck at what they are laughing at.
    and,if they are i just act like i think im hot shit and walk away.
    even though i know im not.
    haha.

but im sure they arent laughing at you,and they are just being silly people.
    *hugs*

11. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

People are usually caught up in themselves and their own thoughts anyway.

12. WHY ME????

WHY ME???? Active Member

I become housebound and avoid some places at times where I feel Im gonna be criticised or laughed at.

On tuesday night I watched Sex and the City by myself and I was surrounded by couples and a bunch of girls with their girl friendss who were staring at me for being a loner.

That was extremely awkward to the max :sad:

13. WHY ME????

WHY ME???? Active Member

Thats true but the suffering is still real :sad:

14. ItThing

I am self concsious, but I don't notice anyone talking about me. It's possible, but as I said if you catch someone doing it that is considered rude and they themselves deserve bad judgment. I think most people are more decent then they might seem on the outside, but even they are judgmental dicks it isn't YOUR fault and you should not be ashamed to be out and about.

15. ItThing

That's also true, and you should have support for it, but I hope you get to see everything differently some day soon.

16. WHY ME????

WHY ME???? Active Member

I really need to work on my self esteem i reckon. My plans for today have yet been destroyed :sad: If it wasnt for paranoia I would have the guts to free myself out of the house everyday :sad:.

Tommorow Ill try to keep myself busy and entertain. 3 movies and a gig Im afraid to go by myself:sad: Im doing this cause I really need to challenge myself. can I do all this in one day lol :laugh:

17. ItThing

What gig? Feel strong, if all else fails you know you tried your best today. Try to reap some enjoyment out of work, try to talk to your fellow workers maybe, ask a question, say polite stuff like, your sleeves are long and you make the best ham ever! lol jk I'm not the best at being polite, and then just go about your work if they don't respond and find another way to enjoy your day. And YAYZESH what movies?

18. WHY ME????

WHY ME???? Active Member

A phone councilor told me to make a checklist of the things that I want to do to keep me busy and entertained instead of being stuck at home and bored. Starting tomorow Ill just go an watch a movie or a movie marathon :laugh:, i would like to see the incredible hulk and iron man movie.

Followed by a gig. the band is called Parkway Drive

I havent done anything fun in ages. Another day stuck in the house and I think Im gonna go extremely mental :blink::blink:

Current mood *extremely bored*

19. WHY ME????

WHY ME???? Active Member

BTW Ive been out of work for 3 weeks, but am planning to go overseas with my mom so I wont be looking for work not until I come back in August. I have plenty of money to survive for the next 2 months. But Im extremely jealous of my cousin who is about to purchased a 2nd hand BMW

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2008
  20. ItThing

I liked Iron man :). Wow it's great that you're joined a band that sounds really fun - good luck! And if you happen to see kung-fu panda tomorrow could you tell me how it was? Thanks, have lots of fun and tell us all about it tomorrow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.