Paranormal Phenomena

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Esmeralda, May 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

I hope this is the right place for this :)

Syd had a really good idea to start a thread where people could post about unexplained "supernatural" phenomena, so I will start!

1.) The miracle of the sun at Fatima, Portugal (witnessed by around 100,000 people)

2.) The Hindu milk miracles-viewed by MANY people, including journalists (here is a link to the video!)

What do you think? :)
  2. Syd

Syd Guest

The Sun at Fatima story is awesome. I'm going to have to read more into it for sure. I wish I could've been there to see it myself. Then again, I'm probably lucky just to have seen shooting stars before, which was cool.

Oh, I remember the milk miracle. I wonder if it would've worked with beer? ;P

I'll give links to the stories I mentioned in the old thread.

Taos Hum - Many citizens of Taos, New Mexico report hearing a low humming sound. It is audible to some but not others. The origins of the hum remain a mystery.

Flatwoods Monster - In 1952 there were reports of a fiery object streaking across the night sky of Western MD and into WV. Later, a group of Flatwoods residents witnessed something unusual.

In 2002, a policeman in Mexico had a bizarre experience, reporting a sighting similar to the Flatwoods Monster case.

Walton Experience - A forest ranger disappears for five days. Upon his return, he reports being abducted. His story was later published in a book and made into a film.

Tether Incident - After a failed NASA experiment, something strange is caught by cameras filming the event in space.
  3. Esmeralda

Yikes that stuff is creepy! The Walton experience was especially interesting, as was the tether thing. Aliens totally creep me out...if they exist, I hope they're nice :)

The Fatima story is really interesting too, especially if you read the stories of the three children and their testimonies.

Here is another apparition of Mary that actually appeared on Egyptian television...

I also have a little story of my own...

When my Mom was teaching at a Catholic school, she told me I had to speak to this woman and that she had something amazing to show me.

So I went to her and asked her about it. Turns out, she and her husband had gone to Medjugorie in the former Yugoslavia on a pilgrimage. Mary had supposedly been appearing to several children for years there every day. They were allowed to go to the house where she would appear to the children and to actually be in the room with the children when she appeared. They didn't see anything, but the children immediately began to kneel and pray when they saw her. A person there with them held up a camera to the place where the children were looking and snapped a photo. Then, this lady showed me the picture that was taken. I kid you not, in the picture was the most beautiful woman I had ever seen in my life, with a blue veil and folded hands. She was translucent and radiant. I was stunned. Then she pulled a rosary out of her purse, the rosary she had brought with her on that day. She told me that the links between the beads had once been silver. They were now gold. She told me that whenever she doesn't pray the rosary for a certain period of time, they turn black. Freaky...
    Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2007
  4. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Met one of the children of Medjugorie at Aylsford Monastery, tho he was a young man by then :smile: We were all very moved by the simplicity of both his demeanour and messages :smile:
  5. Esmeralda

Wow that's amazing. I would love to go on a pilgrimage to Medjugorie...wonder if my rosary would turn gold? :) Must have been really neat to meet him.
  6. Jackson

Jackson Guest

This one is kind of lame, but I've seen the Anson Lights from Unexplained Mysteries a few times. It's a group of lights that mysteriously appear after you park your car at a crossroads and flash your headlights down the road towards a cemetery. It takes several seconds, and then the lights begin hovering horizontally and vertically. Eventually they disappear. I tried to 'chase' them but then they disappeard almost immediately. When I stayed in the car, though, their duration was much longer. Also, it would only work once a night or not at all. Anyway, the cause is still a mystery despite thorough investigation.
  7. Terry

It's weird reading this post cos for much of my childhood I lived in house where the paranormal was the norm:blink:
    I know it played havoc with my mind as a kid so am reluctant to talk about it here lest it cause someone to freak out..suffice it to grandmother was a spiritualist and seances, tea leaf reading, palmistry, taro readings and spinning keys/pendulums were the normal every day practices.
    As this lead to a very unhealthy fascination with the black occult during my teens, I don't really advocate it as a life style, but will share experiences in pms if anyone is interested.
  8. Esmeralda

That's really cool Terry. I've had my share as well...had to stop using the ouija board...
  9. Terry

Had some bad stuff happen with Ouijas, scared me off for life :nerves:
  10. Syd

Syd Guest

I'm pretty sure I saw a face in a can of peanut butter this morning, and one of the light bulbs keeps making a strange buzzing sound. I'll keep you posted.
  11. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh me wants to know :biggrin: me listening to your storys :yes: :biggrin:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.