Parasomnia

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by JBird, Oct 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JBird

JBird Well-Known Member

Just wondering if anyone suffers from Parasomnia, any type. Apparently there are loads of types of parasomnia including sleep walking, talking, groaning, eating etc.

After being embarrissingly reminded about my groaning/moaning in my sleep (one of the many things i get up to in my sleep, mostly i groan/moan but also have been known to talk, walk, eat, fight etc.) i googled it, i'd never looked it up before but decided to see if there was anyway to get rid of it seeing as i do it every night and i'm quite insecure about it :$ so i looked it up, apparently its called Catathrenia, tells you about it here http://www.sleepeducation.com/Disorder.aspx?id=40

But yer, no treatment or anything for it, just gonna have to put up with it lol.

Does anyone else here suffer from any form of Parasomnia? would kinda make me feel better finding someone with it lol and does it prevent you from sleeping around other people? i hate sleeping round people and try desperately not to fall asleep when skyping these days because of it.

2. Sa Palomera

Sa Palomera Well-Known Member

I don't have parasomnia (at least I think I don't ), but I don't think it's something to be aembarrassed about or anithing. If anithing, it's cute! But thàt's mi opinion :dunno:

:arms:

3. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

You don't try very hard not to fall asleep on skype =P lol

Its actually not that bad and i think its been a bit better actually. First time you fell asleep on skype it was pretty bad but last night i didn't hear much groaning.

Guess it's something that your gonna have to live with.

I personally think its cute lol

4. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

vikki ur as bad with your "dont FUCKING talk to me!!" and your trying to push me out the bed :eek:hmy:

Dont know if this helps at all

from the site

5. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

I suffer from this quite a lot. I sleep phone people, i don't find out till the next day but apparently i'll ring someone like 2/3 in the morning, and have a normal convo with them, then hang up but i have no recollection of it. I also sleep talk a lot. It doesn't really stop me sleeping around others, my gf's got used to it. But i do warn people before they come over XD

6. Oak

Oak Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

my husband suffer from night disturbance. he either moan, groan or sign in his sleep that's when he doesnt turn on all the bedroom lights to get a drink in his sleep. that is far from helping my lack of sleep problem. actually it awakes the partener that wakes up and has to try to ignore those noises or other disturbance which is affecting the relationship. normal if you have to liisten to one singing beside you while you try to sleep..... arghhhhhhhhhh
    true enough that at times maneurism is in order during the day which the person doesnt realizes. He can be watching tv and doing the same things he does at night or during meals. So far nothing has worked to make him stop doing these things. good luck and do warn a future possible partner ahead of time.

granny x

7. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

Who said i was asleep?! :wink: hahahahahaha :laugh:

8. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

I did some reading about sexomnia. It's the sleeping disorder where people have sex in their sleep. I find sleeping disorders really interesting actually, but theres nothing to be ashamed about.

9. JBird

JBird Well-Known Member

it is very embarrassing because it sounds like i'm having sex or doing something naughty >.<

All i wanna do is sleep calmly and quietly and wake up in the morning without a sore/dry throat (from the moaning) etc. and yer, i've heard its more distressing for partners and others in the bed but i dont have to worry about them for now lol.

10. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

well if its any concelation it is getting better :smile:

11. JBird

JBird Well-Known Member

just gotta figure out why its getting better lol, what am i doing different

12. Phoenix1985

Phoenix1985 Well-Known Member

I've been known to talk in my sleep on many occasions. Dunno how often though.
    January this year my best mate told me I sounded like I was having a dream where I was arguing with my brother, told him to fuck off rolled over and threw a punch and got the bed post a good one! She still laughs about it lol.

13. JBird

JBird Well-Known Member

Yer, i tend to thump myself in my sleep lol. I figured its my own stupidity and what not but many times i've woken up from a light sleep after randomly hitting myself in the face. Its so weird!

14. Robin

Robin Guest

I hate it when you dream you trip down stairs and your legs go flailing in mid air lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.