Parents Fighting

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Amberrr, May 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amberrr

Amberrr Well-Known Member

My mom and dad have been fighting a lot lately. This fight, however, was much worse than any of the others. My mom had paid a late bill and my dad got fired and started yelling and calling her names, my mom began doing the same. This started yesterday morning. This morning, they began fighting again. My mom calling my dad an asshole and my dad getting mad. He threatened to kick her and she replied that he go right ahead and do it. And he did. Then he began punching, shoving, and grabbing her, all the while she doing the same. My parents have NEVER been in a physical fight with each other before. I tried to break up the fight myself, but I end up getting yelled at and hit by my dad. I had to call my older brother over to break up the fight because my dad had picked up a knife. I'm really scared and I've been up in my room listening to my dad screaming at my mom and my mom crying. I don't know what to do and i'm scared to go downstairs because i might get hit again. Please help me I don't know what to do :cry:
  2. cloud9

cloud9 Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry this is happening Amber. My mom and dad used to fight a lot, but it never got physical. Your dad should not have hit you or your mom. Given that they yelled at you for getting between them must make it a real difficult situation for you. Sorry I don't know what the best way to go about this situation is. Someone else on these forums will definitely be able to give you better advice.

Take care and be strong :hug:
  3. ASolitaryBlue

ASolitaryBlue Well-Known Member

im sorry i dont really have any advice. like rfcmvp said, my parents fight but its never gotten physical.

i just wanted you to know that i read your post, and im thinking about you :hug: let us know how things work out ok? let us know youre still ok :heart:
  4. chemicalburn

chemicalburn New Member

I'm pretty sure that once it's past the point of physical violence, it's time to call police or at least get help from another adult. Your father has no right to hitting you or your mother. There's not much we can do to help you, but we're here to listen. Please don't be so scared and get some help. <3
  5. lonercarrot

lonercarrot Well-Known Member

If your dad is wielding a knife it’s time to call the cops... If he's making your mom cry you should intervene.
  6. Amberrr

Amberrr Well-Known Member

I called the cops after my dad threatened to choke my mom. They haven't arrived yet and I really don't know whats going to happen and if they're going to take my dad...
  7. lonercarrot

lonercarrot Well-Known Member

Just make sure the cops aren't fooled if your parents try and act innocent like nothing was going on...
  8. kyle88

kyle88 Well-Known Member

Everything will be fine, good on you for calling to police... because even if your parents calmed down, the next time they get in a fight, it might be one step too far...

Im proud of you for doing that, I know its hard growing up in an evironment with parents always fighting and yelling... just stay strong and things will become better...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.