Parents!!!!!

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Terry, Jun 30, 2007.

1. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Another fabulous Saturday spent with the aged parents:mad:

They arrive...start in about the phone, have I taken it off the hook? Apparently they have been trying to ring me all week to ask if they could come round Friday this week. I check the phone, it wasn't in the cradle properly and there is no dial tone. Tell em what had happened get this look....> :dry: from mother..who is still insisting I took the phone off the hook.:mad:
    General chitchat ensues, I mention my 2 best friends want me to meet up with them in London for dinner. Hour long attack over the fact that I don't go over to theirs' but I'll go out with friends(who I haven't seen in 2 years):mad: Rant goes on and on..."why wouldnt you come to uncle Pete's brithday dinner..blah blah blah" Point out that I don't want to go out..family will want to go on and on about what happened with the break up..can't handle it etc...Then they really get started.."we're worried, you don't go out...you'll become agrophobic..blah blah blah..:mad:
    Remember this all started cos I was going out!!!!!
    Peace reigns for 2hours, parting shot from mother "better not meet them with the terror alert going on at the moment!!!:eek:hmy:

WTF!!! I'm wrong if I go out..I'm wrong if I don't go out...perhaps I should just stand half in and half out in the doorway perhaps I'll have satisfied them then.:mad:

2. Deathly Strike

Deathly Strike Well-Known Member

I can safely say I'm in the same boat as you, Terry.

:hug:

Unfortunately, parents are like this and always will be.

3. LetItGo

LetItGo Staff Alumni

Don't worry about the terror alert...cant live your life around those things. You should go see your friends Terry, ill be a bit disappointed in you if you don't tbh, if thats any incentive..:tongue: You would have a good time :smile:

4. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

You know what you should do - do what "Terry" wants to do. Never mind what Terry's parents think. Do what Terry wants. Ya can't win for losin'... So may as well please yourself.:rolleyes:

xoxo

5. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Okay Sooz....expect me on doorstep in about 48hrs.....son in one ear, parents in the other.....feel like one of those unfortunates in the Mongol empire (tied to 4 horses and RIP!!!)

6. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

It isn't as if you are an irresponsible child. You are capable of making your own decisions at this point. You decide what you want tot do and then follow those instincts. I think meeting with old friends sounds great. Your parents aren't going anywhere and you have just seen them. As Sooz says, it time to do what Terry wants to do. Go for it!!

7. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

Sorry they did that to you, it is truely annying and it seems with some parents nothing is good enough, you can't seem to win. Do what you want to do, do what you think is best, you can't live solely on what others say even if they feel it's right, do what you feel is right hun. :hug: