Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by fromthatshow, May 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

My parents made fun of the fact that I come to this forum. How messed up...
    I love you guys. This place has helped me so much. Anyone else ever get shit for coming here?
  2. touglytobeloved

touglytobeloved Well-Known Member

I havent told anyone that im here.
  3. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Me it's the opposite. My kids dont like that I come here. But they dont understand the support I get and the feeling of belonging. I dont expect them too either and I pray that they never need to come here for support. As for your parents that is wrong of them in my books. They should be proud of you for reaching out for help instead of shutting everything and everyone out. Keep coming here as long as you need to hun. You are always welcome.
  4. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

no one knows that I visit this forum. My sister uses this computer also and the forum is in my favorites. So 2+2 equals 4. I'm sure she has figured that part out. She hasn't said anything.:chopper:
  5. mortdesinos

mortdesinos Well-Known Member

I'm sure your parents just don't understand. How can they take you seriously if they can't relate? I feel for you though.
  6. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

My children know I spend a great deal of time here. They do not understand the importance of my being here, but they accept it. It sounds as if your parents do not understand your need to be here. If it is something you feel strongly about, do not let them sway your decision to stay. I hope they are never in the position to need to visit us.
  7. Gunner12

Gunner12 Well-Known Member

What the heck?

Insteat of trying to help you they make fun of you.

That might be a reason why you're here. To find the support that you weren't able to get from you parents.
  8. unbearable

unbearable Well-Known Member

instead of talking to you and understanding why you might be here they laugh? im so sorry thats awful to mock someones pain.
    That non understanding is what stops me from letting anyone know im here, but instead of laughing they will be angry, dismiss how I feel etc just because they dont want to bother with me and face what im going through.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2008
  9. Fishman

Fishman Guest

Don't worry about them *hugs
  10. BioHomocide

BioHomocide Well-Known Member

Tell your parents I want them to kiss my ass.... with love! haha

Don't let them stop you from visiting us!
  11. xXWhateverItTakesXx

xXWhateverItTakesXx Forum Buddy

They obviously don't see the importance of SF for you.

I for one haven't told my parents, because I know they would react badly :dry:
  12. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Sorry to here you are feeling so low. My parents didn't understand either. It's there generation. Issues like these were never talked about in public. I finally got straight between me and dad. He's doing really bad health wise. I tried to clear the air between mom and me. She just closed me out. She is addicted to valuim and lives in her own little world. At least I took the initiative to try to mend things.
    I guess I am trying to say your parents aren't going to be around long so it will make you feel better to set things straight between you. Good Luck!!!!!
  13. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

They are probably making light of the situation by convincing themselves that you are going through a phase or that you will outgrow this "angst". This is just their way of dealing with the fact that their own child feels the need to go to complete strangers for help that they cannot provide and that they themselves feel incapable of providing. They are probably feeling very worried and confused, maybe even making light of it to try and make you see that your feelings are passing.

Trust me, they are having very serious and worried conversations about this amongst themselves because they love you and are concerned about you.

You know how when you are 2 years old and you fall down, parents tell you "It's o.k.", and they kiss it and make it better and try really hard not to make a big deal out of it so that you don't see their own worry and feed off of that, making it worse or making you cry? It is probably the same situation here. Maybe they feel that if they show their concern for you to your face, that it will validate it for you and make it even more frightening for everyone involved.

I'm sure they are very worried about you and love you immensely.
  14. OutCaste

OutCaste Well-Known Member

i think you should not bother abt it too much. my parents and many other parents feel that way too and they think that we are making some silly excuses to avoid work. but the reason why they feel this way(atleast this is my observation) is because they don't have any idea of the depth and magnitude of our depression. i have never tried to explain to them either because i don't want my dark secrets out.
  15. TheWr0ngChild

TheWr0ngChild Well-Known Member

Lets trade them my crippling stomach pains & sickness I go through each month, that might bring a whole new meaning of fun to their fucked up heads.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.