Parents'Pets Anonymous

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by lifeisashedog, Oct 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lifeisashedog

lifeisashedog Well-Known Member

welcome to

a global network thread
    to give emotional support
    and exchange survival tips and tricks
    for all who still live with their parents
    and are unhappy about it.

founding member
  2. lifeisashedog

My name is Lifeisashedog and I'm a parents'pet. I had my 30th birthday two days ago and still live with my parents. This fact causes me great depression. I desperately need a new flat to live away from my annoying, possesive masters, especialy the lady-master. I'm looking for a new job but it is hard to find and even harder to keep. Every night I go to bed I pray to die in my sleep and turn to dust so my masters would never find the corpse. Thanks for listening. Next one, please?
  3. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

I'm 52 years old and my mommy has come to live with me. It's okay to live with your parents. The difficult part is establishing adult boundaries. What kinds of things are bothering you? :hug:
  4. Tam

Tam Well-Known Member

I like it. You've about described exactly a lot of people's situation, in a very witty way!

Can't say I'm a parents' pet strictly speaking because I cleared off as soon as I was legally able to. But the leash is still there - hundreds of emotional strands all twined into one big strong unbreakable(?) leash that keeps me tied to the past, big time.

What's that saying? Never bite the hand that feeds you? Well maybe it's time to do just that.
  5. pit

pit Well-Known Member

Adult Children, now Parents' Pets? Hmm. Since when did living at home become so -- derogatory? It's OK if you have a good relationship with your mom and dad. Plus you can also save a lot of money, even if your folks are charging a reasonable rent. I think living with the Ps is a necessary fact of life, especially considering the rent-raising greedy bastards that are out there. If you don't have a good relationship with the Ps, leave immediately.

6. sad panda

sad panda Well-Known Member

I'm only 16, but I worry a lot about this. I'm really not sure i'm gonna be able to hold down a job the way i'm always feeling along with other things. The thought alone of me living with my parents past 18 is a depressing thought, then again everyone in my family usually does. My cousin lived with his dad till he was 26, seemed easier then moving out I guess. :p

He only actually moved out too because he got married. :laugh:
  7. lifeisashedog

I moved out at the age of twentyone and those were the best days of my life :sigh:, having my own flat and privacy no one screaming at me and treating me like 5yrs old. But then I went back to school (because I didn't want to load trucks all my life) and i had to ask parents to help me pay scholarship. But for that I had to be a good boy, visit them every weekend and play their drama (starring: saint Parents and their ungrateful son) which, by default, ended in quarreling. However it was kinda tolerable until i had a job and a flat 50 miles away. but now I lost my job and flat and returned home to be 24/7 emotional prostitute. And it is killing me! :nite:
  8. lifeisashedog

And I'm damn scared I'll never make it out there and stay stucked with parents until they die. And then beg on the streets until our soooper smartt government puts all the homeless into gas chambers :cry:
  9. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

I had to live with a relative who was drama, drama, drama. I though I'd never get out of there. My hubby found work and we rented a little dump apartment and got our peace back.

Things do change. The job market will get better. :hug:
  10. lifeisashedog

Thank you :hug:
  11. Doubletap

Doubletap Member

I too live with my parents. I'm 25 years old and my friends have all moved on. I lost my job and my bf has too. We barely have money to see a movie. Or get dinner.

What's worse is the way they treat me. I have to be home by 10 pm on weeknights and 1am on weekends. But it's only because my father blames me for keeping him up at night before he has to go to work (he works at home..).
    He says I slam things and keep him up, even though he has sleep apnea and refuses to do anything about it. He curses me out, calls me names either to my face or under his breath. He gets violent and slams things and yells. I don't slam anything. Yet when I'm trying to sleep he slams things hard. My mom is the enabler and doesn't want any trouble so she lets it be.

I'm epileptic and can't really be by myself. When I have a siezure I'm more likely to hurt myself. He lost his daughter. He will never be my father. Only a bully.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that lives with her parents at this age. Because I don't see myself moving out anytime soon. My suicidal thoughts are increasing.
  12. lifeisashedog

Speaking from 30yrs experience, some parents are impossible to satisfy. They will nag and complain and annoy until their child starts to cry or yell. This is the prize they really want: to see that they still have the power to make you lose your temper. It makes them feel young and strong again.
  13. lifeisashedog

Please someone put this diagnosis onto WorldHealthOrganization list of mental diseases. I humbly suggest a name:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.