Partial info leads to dangerous attempts.

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by DALIAMUS, Mar 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

DALIAMUS New Member

First post and I'm not sure if it should go here so please move if needed. I joined this forum for more support/info because I chose to live (plan A) the problem I have is with death (plan B). If I decide that I am going to end my life, I don't want it to be a failed attempt. I feel that I want plan B to be a very real and clear choice that won't fail. I'm sure those on here that have researched quick painless methods have also found the problem of partial or misleading info which can lead to very serious "living" outcomes. This partial info could also hurt or kill others. I don't think that I am allowed to describe the method on here but finding the exact info on how to use this method is very difficult. For me having a box labeled plan B in my closet makes my choice to live easier. In this case, does anyone else feel that a clear, painless method should be made aware?
  2. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

Personally I don't think any method should be easily accessible. Reason being, when someone gets into a very true moment where they lose control, the easy access could lead to them ending their lives. Just a view.
  3. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

I think finding the method should be just as hard as the act itself. Suicidal thoughts and urges are one of the most difficult things a person can deal with. Finding the right method needs to be as or even more difficult.

If methods were published then every time a person felt overwhelmed they would commit the act. Not giving themselves a chance to try and see if a different future or solution will come along to their problem. Not giving them the opportunity to seek any help. My God I cant even begin to comprehend the mass numbers of unnecessary deaths.

Anything in life that will bring you peace must entail strength and effort to achieve it. Regardless if it is moving ahead or choosing death.

DALIAMUS New Member

Thank you for the replies. I understand and respect both your views. Having an easily accessible means of ending your life would be extremely tragic to those who would act on impulse. I 100% agree but with the little research I have done, I've read so many "botched" attempts that have left many with tragic "living" results that in my opinion were far worse than death. In many cases innocent people have been killed or injured unintentionally also. I feel that if someone is completely set on ending their life, that they are going to one way or another. I hate to compare my thoughts on this to the endless pro-life/ pro-choice debate. Without trying to sound too radical, I honestly feel that I have the right to end my life. Tough subject in so many ways. Thank you again for your replies.
  5. lonercarrot

lonercarrot Well-Known Member

I'm also trying to find out info on the proper way to do it. There was a thread on here a while back about a man who was arrested because he gave detailed info to people on how to kill themselves in chat rooms, and a lot of those people ended up committing suicide. Everyone on this forum bashed the guy, but I'd be grateful to be given that kind of info. Google is no big help at all, and it's against the rules to post methods and instructions on forums.. It's stupid.. No information should be kept from anyone, that's what I believe.
  6. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Partial info leads to dangerous attempts?

Full info leads to lethal attempts.
  7. perry_mason

perry_mason Well-Known Member

information is just information. it depends on the person how it is interpreted.

i have no problems finding methods (obvious keywords on google pull up related content so i cant see how it is that difficult to find?) that claim to be effective and pain-free.

from doing more research and stuff, that does seem true but obviously i wouldnt know until i actually attempted and it either works or i end up brain damaged or with organ failure etc.

having this information to me is reassuring because i know about it and know that it is there when/if i need to use it.

personally (forgetting legalities and such for a minute), i would much rather there be a suitable pain-free widely know method out there that people could use if they wanted to rather than taking risks with unsuitable methods etc that damages them but doesnt kill them.
  8. 1izombie

1izombie Well-Known Member

I have no trouble finding info on methods....the info is out there and wasnt hard for me to find at all...i understand the feeling of having a viable plan B...sort makes u feel ok that if things get to bad u always have an kinda gives me a bit of courage i other wise wouldnt have....i think tbh if someone wants to end their life it really isnt that hard, i can think of 10 ways off the top of my head that would do the job, and whether the info is easily available or not people will kill themselves....

DALIAMUS New Member

Thanks for the replies. I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one who feels this way. I do also understand and appreciate everyone who has responded with some great points. Yes a viable plan B seems to help me also. It makes it all very real. I actually feel much safer knowing that the choice is there, although as I mentioned it took some work to find it. I believe that death is mans greatest fear and like all animals have survival instincts. Yet humans end countless lives of animals lower in the food chain everyday. We can easily take our pets to the vet to have them put down. Because they don't have a voice that can speak out? I may be getting away from the original topic that I started.
  10. ozbound

ozbound Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

I think the method used is as personal as the reason for wanting to commit I have my method that i wish to use but what is right for me is not necessaily right for you. And I agree it shouldn't be easily found as the harder it is the more you may decide not to do it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.