Passing out

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by unbearable, May 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. unbearable

unbearable Well-Known Member

Earlier I cut the top of my leg a bit deeper than usual and within a minite I past out on the bedroom floor and for about an hour after was slipping in and out of sleep.
    I was just wondering what other peoples experience of this is as ive self harmed for the past 7 years and this has never happened to me before, why did my body react like this now?.
  2. Tara

Tara Guest

Its never happened to me, seems weird, seems dangerous.

"why did my body react like this now" < i have no clue! i hope someone can help you out there.

please stay safe. *hugs*
  3. unbearable

Thanks anyway xxx
  4. Twisted Sweet Lies

Twisted Sweet Lies Well-Known Member

Maybe you passed out from the pain? Blood loss can also make people pass out.
  5. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

Blood loss probably.
  6. jane doe

jane doe Well-Known Member

did you eat something before?? the less of food, combined with stress and bleeding may be the cause(and we shouldn´t forget the fear of bleeding more than usual)
  7. unbearable

It wasn't from the pain as i cut through the nerves so i didn't feel a thing and i don't think it was from blood loss either because it happened so quick after,
    Maybe it was just a one off.

Thanks for replying xxx
  8. Tara

Tara Guest

are you okay now though?
  9. unbearable

yeah Im a tiny bit shakey but it seems to have passed now, I suppose if i feel bad again though i might go and see someone because i dont actually know if it was related to the si, proberly was but i think out of all these years of si its just one of those one offs. thinking about it i was really upset so i proberly just stressed out to much thats all.
  10. Tara

Tara Guest

oh right. well be careful! and if it happens again then yeh i would see a doctor or something! take care :hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.