passionless, unmotivated

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by lachrymose27, Feb 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lachrymose27

lachrymose27 Well-Known Member

i'm always trying not to show my apathetic behaviour... but lately i just can't seem to hide myself.. i feel so passionless and unmotivated.. everytime someone makes a joke i can't even laugh.. i'm emotionless. i don't know what to do with my life anymore. I need some serious help but i don't know if i can be help aside from meds which aren't working for me at the moment. i'm sad and i'm afraid i can't be helped anymore.

2. nessie.for.love

nessie.for.love New Member

They're not working because they are not treating the real problem. Drugs, meds, they only mask what your feeling and thats fine, for a while but after some time you start to notice that the problems are still there when you wake up. What you really need is to talk to someone who won't judge you, and that will listen. It could be a friend a family member, anyone really. In any case if you need to talk about anything just email me at nessie.for.love@live.com

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

It could be you need your meds changed okay you system is too use to the ones your on. talk to your doctor okay see if a newer medication will help and talking yes it always helps to be heard and understood hugs

4. gakky1

gakky1 Well-Known Member

We seem to have so much in common, shame it's only the bad things that connect us,:sad: bet there's some good things too. I feel like you do now also, haven't always but it's tough to get out of it. As far as the meds go, things in your life have changed recently such as your job, so you're having different thoughts and emotions now, sure they can make some changes or adjustments with the meds then, make sure you tell the person that prescribes them what's happened in your life lately, hopefully that will help.

5. lachrymose27

lachrymose27 Well-Known Member

Part of the reason why i'm doing therapy is Because i cant share anything with family members because they wouldnt understand. My friends because they'd see me differently. I feel like my mind is to focused on negative things that it refuses to see the positives. I really just need the meds to alter my way of thinking. I want to be someone whom im not because i just can't live nonchalant anymore. Anyway, im going to try to be optimistic.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

Gakky- good to hear from someone who already went through this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.