Passive suicide

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Chorbs, Jul 4, 2016.

1. Chorbs

Chorbs New Member

I want to be dead. I don't want to kill myself; I just want to be dead. Dead has got to be easier than life. Too much sadness, hopelessness, helplessness, too many life problems, too ineffective and inefficient to help myself, to change anything. I've gained so much weight. I don't exercise. I don't eat right. Am I passively, slowly committing suicide ? Could be. Just so tired of dealing with it all. Don't want to do it any more. Just want to sleep
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi there @Chorbs and welcome to the forum. I''m glad that you say you do not want to kill yourself. You can lose weight, why not start exercising? Why not start eating right? Then you can feel better about your appearance again. Are you seeking any type of professional help? Do you have any family, siblings, friends you can talk to?
  3. Chorbs

Chorbs New Member

Was in therapy for a year but my therapist moved out of state. I know, right ! Why don't I exercise and diet? Day after day, year after year, why don't I? Passive suicide?? Idk. Can't get myself to do it. Every day I'm going to start tomorrow. But I never do.
  4. Brittless

Brittless All I loved I loved alone...

hey Chorbs. Maybe eating just feels really good. Lol. maybe it's too good to give up in your mind and its not passive suicide at all, but way of coping with problems. perhaps not the best way. our tummies are not rational creatures. but anyway wanted to say I know where you're coming from and hope you can find the motivation to for better eating habits. I think there are some good healthy foods out there somewhere..

5. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Welcome to the forum. We are supportive for each other as you no doubt see. Exercise helps as a form of self-medication but the support here will help you as well. You are among people who understand and keep remembering that.

Keep posting as we care about you.
  6. I would like to know some ways I can put my life in slight danger without outright killing myself or having to take any major scary steps. Something where I can fall asleep with a slight chance of not seeing the morning, but not enough of a chance for me to be too frightened. Any suggestions?
  7. lifetalkz

lifetalkz Well-Known Member

It does seem that death would be so much easier than life-there are no decisions to make when you're dead . . . decisions that may lead to failure instead of success. There is a lot of sadness and hopelessness in life-it's impossible not to ask yourself at least once a day every day-what is the f---g point? But I will tell you that after struggling with chronic depression for over 20 years (3 failed suicide attempts under my belt) that there actually is a point to life. At least-I believe that there is one. I truly believe that the point of living for special people like us ("old souls") is to stop the chain of hate and anger in our lives. . . the hate that we feel for ourselves and the anger that we feel towards everyone else for not understanding who we are. That being said-I kill the feeling part of myself on a regular basis for the same reasons that you mentioned. A lot of people don't eat right or exercise (including me)-be easy on yourself. I'm sorry that the burden seems so heavy now-hopefully soon the load will feel much lighter :)