Past life regression

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by SAVE_ME, Feb 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SAVE_ME

SAVE_ME Well-Known Member

Not sure if this belongs here, or where else to post it, but if a moderator or whoever thinks this should be moved elsewhere then by all means do so....anyway...on with my question....I was reading the paper the other day when I saw this article on some event taking place on 5 March near where I live, with a couple of special guest mediums, including Derek Acorah from 'Most Haunted'...the first half of the evening involves performing past life regression on those who wish to undergo it and discover their past lives...now, this whole thing has got me kinda curious...I mean, I'd kinda like to try it out...see if it could help me to understand myself better and what not....on the other hand...it's kinda like playing with fire really...I mean, what if they awaken some "gruesome" or "traumatic" memory from a past life that leaves me scarred, and then I find myself unable to cope afterwards? Yes, I know, I tend to be a bit of a worry wart, but this whole thing has left me curious...curious as to who I was and all...is there anyone here who's ever had a past life regression? If so, is it something you'd recommend? Did you find that you were able to understand yourself better afterwards, and did your life change for the better as a result? I realize this can be quite a triggering subject, so if anyone wants to PM me instead then feel free to do so...I'm just curious, that's all.

2. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Hi Sean. I'm also intregued by past life regression hypnosis. I'm into paranormal stuff and I'd also like to learn about my past lives. Be prepared to find out things that could be shocking or even devastating though. If you're in a mentally fragile state, then I would advise you to hold off until you're stable enough to learn things about your past lives. There's no telling what you might find out?

3. SAVE_ME

SAVE_ME Well-Known Member

Hi Dave_N, thanks for the reply :smile: yeah, that alone is holding me off at the moment, the thought of delving deep into the mind and unveiling some shocking or even traumatizing experience from a past life...with my current state of mind I'm not sure if I'm ready to learn about my past life just yet....on the other hand, they say that people's behaviour in this life has been affected by what went on in their past lives, and for most, the regression releases their past life trauma, kinda like a spiritual cleansing, so it's something I'd like to try at some point...but again, not until I'm ready, if at all...after all, some things are best left unknown...and if there was a past life at all, I suspect that it is with good reason that we forget everything when we move on to the next life...it isn't wise to dwell on the past too much.

4. Yeah - well...this could inevitably end up in Soap Box - but so-far-so-good, wot? :biggrin:

I agree with what was already said/suggested, that if you don't feel ready, don't "go there". Also, from what little I know, the [hopefully] qualified person who takes you 'back' has the option of determining whether you will remember where you went or not when you wake up (I believe this is done under hypnosis...).

On a funnier note, a lot of folks, it's been said, "remember" being a Famous Person"! Really rather silly/wishful/futile me thinks...

Further to that (the ironic/funnier side of things), I'd gone to see a psychic several years ago, out of sheer desperation(!), to find out if I was going to make it through this very, very dark and endless tunnel of my life. I was really and truly at my bitter wits' end - no joke. He confidently assured me that I'd only have to "come back" for one more life...

...But after all the SHIT I'd endured in THIS one - I replied - "I DON'T F***ING THINK SO!!!!!!" (it is said by some that we can 'choose'...:wink:)

5. nicesinging1

nicesinging1 Well-Known Member

Personally, I would like to know who the heck I was in past life to deserve this much sufferings, miseries, and tortures. Things can't happen for no reason. I believe in justice.

6. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

My only concern with past-life regression hypnosis is that what if you find out that something traumatic happened in your past life? Like say if you committed suicide or you killed someone? Traumatic events do occur as we all fully well know. Would you really be able to handle this? I probably would, because I'm quite stable, but a person in a fragile state of mind may not. Then again, you could find out that you were a good person in your last life and learning this might help you to feel happier?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.