PAWS and no Motivation/Energy

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Will, Jul 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Will

Will Staff Alumni

So I guess I was a pretty heavy opiate user for the last three months, climbing sometimes as high as 120mg/daily. But that was only towards the end of it. Before that stint, I was clean for 3 months, minus a bit of Kratom use here or there for the same symptoms I face now.

But the depression, lack of motivation and energy is crushing me. I can barely get out of bed and I barely can move and keep up with Life. I eat well now, I take many supplements (including L-Tyrosine and 5HTP for mood and such) and I find I do okay but damn this is so hard.

I've been clean for two weeks now (of everything), and it's just an uphill battle. I can't stand feeling like total shit some days. It's up and down and it's feeling like I won't make it, not on my own.

Is there anyway to kick myself hard enough to feel normal again?

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi and how brave of you...I hope you are doing this with professional support...these are hard monkeys to get off of one's back and even harder to do alone...there is also a danger to stopping everything without a doctor monitoring the situation...all the best to you

3. Will

Will Staff Alumni

Hi Sadeyes,

Thank you so much for responding. I've felt alone in this, kind of the first time I'm really talking about it. Unfortunately I can't really be public about it, and I don't have professional support. I'm just trying to do the right thing and get away from something that's just made me lose myself.

4. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Please do try to get professional support...I have found that sometimes I am too close to a situation to make sense out of it, and recovery issues are so global that they need another set of wise eyes to help...keep up the great work, and if you should fall off the wagon, which some of us do, get back on and forgive yourself

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.