Pay it Forward..

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by cren, Sep 4, 2016.

1. cren

cren Well-Known Member

hi.. years ago.. i watched a movie entitled.. Pay it Forward.. i remembered it because a friend and i was talking about doing something to help make the world a better place.. so thanks to him.. i remembered this gem.. anyway.. in the movie.. a kid started the concept of paying forward.. normally when someone helps you.. what you tend to do is do the same to the person who helped you.. like paying back.. but the kid reversed it.. instead of doing something good to someone who helped you.. what you should do is to pay it forward.. if someone helped you.. you should help three other people.. and tell them about paying forward.. so what they'll do is not pay you back but also help other three persons.. so the cycle will continue..

we can all make a difference.. a friend once told me that helping a person might not change the world.. but at least it helped change the world of that person..

so i encourage everyone to at least try to do what the kid in the movie did.. i may probably deluded.. thinking it's possible.. but it's worth a shot.. right?? anything to make the world better..

2. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

I think it sounds like a good idea.

3. Frances M

Frances M Mountain Woman

This is proof of the power of the mind. When someone is having a bad day, they tend to take it out on everyone around them...probably more than three people! If only people would do the opposite, by paying it forward, really, I might have more faith in society. It's a nice concept, I hope people adopt it.

4. cren

cren Well-Known Member

thanks for your positive responses.. i really do hope people can do it.. i know it can be hard.. but once we started doing it.. it can be good to everyone..

5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

That is a neat idea, might get round to watching the movie some time.

6. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

No, you don't sound deluded. I think it is a really good concept, and I will try and help more people from now on :)

7. cren

cren Well-Known Member

yeah.. you should.. don't want to spoil it though.. but the ending is just.. ugh..

8. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

It worked for me.!!

9. cren

cren Well-Known Member

wow!! that's good to hear.. i really hope it works well for others..

we should all give it a shot.. nothing to lose.. right??

10. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

My aim is to show the world, if you someone a good deed per day, then the world would be a better place to live in the near future. More love, less conflict.

All it needs to start with one person.....

11. cren

cren Well-Known Member

that's a good aim.. yeah it's true.. every little thing we do.. no matter how small.. as long as we do it for others.. it'll eventually change the world..

Unknown_111 likes this.