PDN - waste of time me thinks!!!!

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by GoldenPsych, Jun 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoldenPsych

GoldenPsych Well-Known Member

So I have had that info through from Personality Disorder Network and it has not helped at all really. It has made me wanna go less. I will speak to the Social Worker when I go. I really don't want to go to a group thing. I am not comfortable talking to one person about my feelings never mind a group so really don't think it would work for me. I don't particulary like to talk to counsellor. It is easier for me to write things down. I can't actually so to anyone I want to kill myself. I can't talk to people about how I feel.

I always have to keep apologising to my BF as he gets the brunt of my moods. He said he has noticed that I have been quite bad recently with my moods and depression. Being as though I haven't taken my meds since I last attemped, as I have run out and at the moment can't afford the prescription could possibly mean that they have some effect, however, I haven't noticed any difference at all. Maybe it is just PMT that is causing my mood swings at the moment. Apparantly I get it quite bad so maybe that is why he thinks I am worse. I don't notice it but he can tell exactly where I am in my cycle based on my moods...lol. I think that is quite funny really.

So this week I have a couple of goals...
    1) FIll in application forms for 2 different jobs that I want.
    2) Try to find a new flat mate
    3) Not to spend loads of money.

On a positive note - my holiday for the year is less than 2 weeks away - I am only staying in UK and only going for the weekend but it is my holiday as everyone else is pissing off without me and I have not even been asked. Also it is my birthday in a just over a week, which means I shall be getting presents and everyone will be nice to me... I am so materialistic aren't I? lol!!!!

2. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I know all about mood swings. I ran out od lamitcal last month, and as soon as my body realized the difference. I got a short fuse. I don't want to be around anyone. I jumped down my sisters throat just because she started to tell me how to cook dinner.
    You need to talk to your doctor, maybe he has sample of the meds your taking and he can help you out. You need to check with social services and let them know you need your meds and because you don't have a job you can't afford them.I hope you find a happy medium, don't try to be healed over night. You have alot to work out. Good luck to you:Stay Safe and Stay Strong...:chopper:

3. GoldenPsych

So the search for a housemate looking promising already.. the thing is... the guy who wants to move in is a Paramedic - do I really want that - think most the ones in this town already know me, what if he puts the address in to system - he will know everything - don't think I could deal with that!!!!!

4. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

:)

what are the odds of that! well if you met him and liked him maybe he would be a good housemate. did he give any clue that he knew you?

as for the pdn... why not go and check it out... it's always hardest at the first meeting but eventually you will get to know and like some of the people in the group. besides, they don't *make* you talk... you could consider it more research!!!

have a great vacation! when do you go?

5. GoldenPsych

Well he has not started work yet, but I am worried incase he looks up address or something. I may just have to lie and said I only moved in in last month.

I am going to see Social Worker in just over a week so I will speak to him, also it does say on the info tat they have sent me if you have been in receipt of psychiatric services then need a 3rd party referal - so cant self refer anyway. Had another letter today - I'll type it up tomorrow when I am not so tired!

6. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I agree with Dazzle, the only thing I would add to that is you can attend the groups nothing says you have to talk. Sit back and listen to what is going on with them. Tell them up front that you really can't share anything until you have become compfortable. Also check them out. The reason I say that is because my first group I felt like everyone in there was attacking me.One question after another. Someone be talking to me and then one of the others would jump in before the first person was done attacking me. So I never went back. My second group was better until one of the clients tol me my thoughts were unacceptable. So I never went back there also. I told my therapist and she told me thatshe could meet this girl so she could bitch slap her. Her statement set me back in my working on my feelings. Not all places like that are bad I just couldn't stand up for myself at the time.
    Try and find something that calms you down and take it easy. Stay Safe and Stay Strong...:chopper:

7. GoldenPsych

As I said I would talk to SW about it next week when I go see him. I'm in better spirits this week at least. I am planning my party for my birthday and it is my bday next week so that is making me feel better - although I don't want to get another yr older but that is what goes with birthdays I suppose. lol. As for now I am working out how to poach an egg in the microwave - i am craving poached egg, fish fingers and canned sgettie. yummy - not exactly a genius chef today...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.