Peace

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Bigman2232, Mar 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bigman2232

Bigman2232 Well-Known Member

I have been watching the latest of the Gundam series and it brings a very interesting idea to the quest for peace.

Basically it indicates that the way to world peace is that a very powerful force must punish all those who continue to fight and build military weapons. The force in the show is known as Celestial Being (CB). CB takes no sides in a battle, destroying the weapons and fighters of anyone who continues to fight. They are not doing it for money or for control of the country once their weapons have been destroyed. Once all war and physical conflict has ended they would either completely disappear or only exist as a warning to never start fighting again, with no other influence on how the world is run.

I thought this was an interesting idea and truthfully, the only way that we could ever have world peace. We would need an incredibly powerful organization that would intervene and punish all those who will not allow peace, but also not take over once the world has eliminated their weapons.

And that is the problem. It just seems that no human being could ever have the power to rule over everything but choose to only intervene to stop the fighting and then let each country still exist under its own values.

The US is a perfect example of how it is done wrong. They possess a huge fighting force but there goal is not to end war, it's to end those who oppose their views. They enforce "their" views on all who they "save".

I know world peace will never happen, not unless we decide to just stay in our own countries or the human population drops to 1 billion, but I just thought that this idea for world peace was kind of interesting.

2. Testify

Testify Well-Known Member

Meh. Wars happen because it's profitable for the people who create wars to have them.
    If you want peace, make war unprofitable.
    This is happening at the moment-the world is probably more stable and peaceful than it has been throughout the history of the earth. Any major war would be impossible, owing to the enourmous powers of the major economies of the world-they're all relient on one another for trade.
    Peace.
    <3

3. jonstark

jonstark Well-Known Member

There can be no peace.
    Humans are incapable of it.

4. Testify

If you'd have read what I just put...
    Though I suppose that'd be too hard.

5. Random

Random Well-Known Member

:laugh: Stability is temporary. Give people something to fight about (anything) and sooner or later, you'll have a fight. And if they can't find anything really worth fighting about, they'll fight just because they can. This doesn't hold true for everyone of course. But the runny thing is, it's always the aggressive people who get all the power and control. Sheep don't really have the drive to grasp for power. They just do their thing and try to avoid trouble. The troublemakers are always running the show.

6. jonstark

jonstark Well-Known Member

Your provocation only proves my point :( .

I read what you said and I respect it. You have a point but from what I've seen and read I can't help but say what I already said.
    And even if no nuclear holocaust occurs, I've seen the US bomb Serbia for no good reason and twice within my lifetime invade Iraq for little reason and I've seen the WTC and the Nordost debacles, the results of vain idealism, and consequently yes I'm a bit pessimistic.

War. War never changes :/ .
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AihKA_AgMok

7. Testify

So even though you agree with what I'm saying, you're saying that I'm wrong.
    Great logic.

8. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

narh mate.. it's a mere lack of understanding and lack of careing and over abundence of desire, in some people. If anything can be said, don't let the failures of another define yourself, or me or someone else for that matter. Just becaue you are part of my race doesn't mean you can define us.
    give us time

9. ggg456

ggg456 Guest

Does "world peace" mean when there is no war- in terms of death, bombs and destruction? "Fighting" doesn't necessarily mean war or people being killed. If you took away weapons and people physically killing each other, that doesn't mean the world would be peaceful. There are many types of type of control, of destruction, killing, of fear that has nothing to do with weapons or war. And there are causes worth fighting for. And if people stayed in each of their countries doesn't mean there wouldn't be war in that country...(civil war etc?) or that country would be peaceful.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2008
  10. Bigman2232

Bigman2232 Well-Known Member

I'm thinking in terms of war, civil or between countries. There is not even a conceivable way to prevent all violence between people.

11. Testify

There is. Kill all people.

12. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

but if we did that, there wouldnt be any 'between' to take place

13. Random

Random Well-Known Member

Sure there is. There's no violence between dinosaurs, is there.

14. Random

Random Well-Known Member

Like my grandmother used to say - Oh well. :tongue:

15. Testify

Double post.
    I'm still banned from chat ¬_¬

16. Darken

Darken Well-Known Member

I think it is possible. Probably within 100 years, much sooner I believe.

17. Random

Random Well-Known Member

The only way peace is possible is through force. It isn't natural. If it happens, it will be through the use of technology and force. Almost anything you can think of is possible. But you may ultimately pay a steep price for the convenience of doing it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.