Peachy comment du jour

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by PandorasToybox, Dec 5, 2009.

1. PandorasToybox

PandorasToybox Well-Known Member

So my communications project group was sitting in the cafeteria at the college when another group of students walked up to them & proceeded to do their usual bashing about me & blah, blah, blah.
    Then one of them decides to kick it up a notch & says "I don't know why she hasn't killed herself yet..."
    Yeah, thanks.
    That peachy lil comment made my day...NOT.
    Apparently, even some of her "groupies" gave her a look that screamed "Did you really just say that?.." Hmm...I wonder why?...

2. corang

corang Well-Known Member

Im sorry you have to deal with people like that. Some people are so sick.

3. PandorasToybox

Yeah, when I got the phone call from my group member, I was laughing till I was in tears because I could not believe someone had actually said that..that & it was 2am & I was overly tired...

4. savetoniqht

savetoniqht Well-Known Member

That's ridiculous. Like there's bitchiness and then there's a comment like that. I'm sorry you have to deal with people like that. :(

5. bubblin girl

bubblin girl Well-Known Member

im so sorry you have to deal with this people...i know its so painful...i hope they die...please dont listen to them....they dont even know what they are talking about....
    take care:hugtackles:

6. isd

isd Well-Known Member

silverkoi

that's a really terrible thing for her to say. at least her groupies showed some glimpse of humanity by giving the "Did you really just say that?.." look

7. PandorasToybox

Yeah, it's even more pathetic because you'd think at 30 yrs old she'd have some common sense to not torment some 18 yr old...
    I sent the professor an e-mail....I just got the response...and I'm hesitant to read it...I honestly feel like I'm going to be sick... :unsure: No idea how she would have taken it...

8. corang

corang Well-Known Member

I think you did the right thing people like that cant just go around acting like that. If you didnt send the email they could have seriously caused someone to snap. You should be proud you had the courage to tell them.

9. Brighid Moon

Brighid Moon Member & Antiquities Friend

You totally did the right thing.

I'd also suggest mentioning (or writing a dissertation upon?) narcissism and how it's far more sociopathic and mentally unstable than depression and suicidal ideation is, including how pathological narcissts abuse others (*cough*bysayingcommentslikethatwiththatlackofselfcontrol*cough*).

10. PandorasToybox

So I read the e-mail... and all I can say is it's the SAME, OLD, THING. They pretty much just offer to sit down with you & an ombudsperson or counsellor & get nowhere with anything...BAH.
    Truly, when I heard the comment I was ready to snap. I was somewhere between laughing and crying.
    I love how nasty comments made by those students fall on deaf ears...despite the fact the teacher is standing RIGHT there & is actually listening in...SOOOOOOOOOO annoying.

11. NoGood

NoGood Well-Known Member

God what a pathetic piece of poo!!!! She probably said that because she NEEDS the attention and because its the only way she can, in her mind, make herself look bigger.

Bullies are funny creatures and so are their followers, by the sounds of it, her followers are scared of her, giving her a look but not strong enough in themselves to actually say something. This girl is thrieving from knocking you down, we see it all the time in life, the mean and loud and rough and bully people get what they want cause the nice people, dont want to fight and we are scared.

You were right to contact the professor. retaliation and confrontation is probably what she is looking for so well done for not giving that to her, it probably would have made you feel worse as people like her have tongues of snakes and could say alot hurtful things at a quick response rate!

Just hang in there and be strong, let it all out here.

People like her will get whats coming to her! We all see her for the loser she is and we dont even know her haha!! :D

12. NoGood

NoGood Well-Known Member

The word 'bullying' is a HUGE word now. Bullying is in every policy and procedures manual and companys or schools cannot be seen to taking it lightly. Challenge the email if you are not satisfied, take it to the next level. Ask for you schools policies and procedures manual, its you right and in most countries, its the law to have one availible on request.

Dont give up, we are here with you to support, we will knock the wind outta this evil cow!!

13. corang

corang Well-Known Member

I agree with Kate challenge the email and say they NEED to follow the rules of what to do with bullying. The people that make the rules are required to enforce them. If you have to bring it up with someone more powerful than the professor or maybe bring it to another professor who is more likely to do something useful.

14. PandorasToybox

Aww I love you guys :hugtackles:

Funny you should mention that her followers are afraid. They literally feed & depend on each other. Like literally, when one ignores or avoids another, they break down and panic.

I did reply to the e-mail & told her like it was. I did say that I felt that I was not being taken seriously & that I was just baffled by all this.

They kind of give me this "you had it coming" attitude.

15. NoGood

NoGood Well-Known Member

Another thing Silver. Document all the incidents okay, for future reference. Not just the communication between you and the professor, write down, time and date, what happened and how you felt. I hope this is nipped in the bud and its all sorted soon but if it does go further and she says "i never said a word about Silver" and the next thing you smile and say "HA!" and pull out a folder of incidents!!!! Her face would drop, i can tell you for a fact that she isnt recording everything that she says. It will be her word against your well documented word :)

16. PandorasToybox

I have files set up for this type of thing, thank goodness!
    And thankfully 3 of my friends and many of our other classmates were there to hear it.
    It's just such a pain in the arse when I have to deal with this stuff...it happens like ALL the time & I'm getting so tired of it.

17. corang

corang Well-Known Member

Youve got the documents so if you need them you shouldnt have a problem proving what you say. Plus your friends that were there. I hope the professors get their stuff together and do something about this. Good Luck

18. PandorasToybox

Thanks Corang :hugtackles:

I'm not that concerned about them doing anything. The damage has been done & fighting back just makes it worse.

I guess I really just wanted them to see that there's a reason why I'm going down hill.

19. corang

corang Well-Known Member

I understand how you feel and hope they leave you alone from now on. If you ever need anything im just a PM away. :)