Pentagon turns "blind eye" to rape?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lovecraft

I had the good misfortune to have heard of all this before, although I didn't hear estimates were a full third.

Of course the Pentagon would prefer to put all the money into their next death ray rather than quality of life assurances for the military personnel.

I had the good misfortune to have heard of all this before, although I didn't hear estimates were a full third.

Of course the Pentagon would prefer to put all the money into their next death ray rather than quality of life assurances for the military personnel.
How can they hope to control us if we are not made quiet and held in place like cattle?
Young men and women convinced that dying for their country is proper and honorable. Women are used and abused and told to stay quiet for the good of the country. We are not the only country at fault of this, we are simply the most powerful.

DULCE ET DECORUM EST

Bent double, like old beggars under sacks,
Knock-kneed, coughing like hags, we cursed through sludge,
Till on the haunting flares we turned our backs
And towards our distant rest began to trudge.
Men marched asleep. Many had lost their boots
But limped on, blood-shod. All went lame; all blind;
Drunk with fatigue; deaf even to the hoots
Of tired, outstripped Five-Nines that dropped behind.
Gas! Gas! Quick, boys! – An ecstasy of fumbling,
Fitting the clumsy helmets just in time;
But someone still was yelling out and stumbling,
And flound'ring like a man in fire or lime . . .
Dim, through the misty panes and thick green light,
As under a green sea, I saw him drowning.
In all my dreams, before my helpless sight,
He plunges at me, guttering, choking, drowning.
If in some smothering dreams you too could pace
Behind the wagon that we flung him in,
And watch the white eyes writhing in his face,
His hanging face, like a devil's sick of sin;
If you could hear, at every jolt, the blood
Come gargling from the froth-corrupted lungs,
Obscene as cancer, bitter as the cud
Of vile, incurable sores on innocent tongues,
My friend, you would not tell with such high zest
To children ardent for some desperate glory,
The old Lie; Dulce et Decorum est
Pro patria mori.

Wilfred Owen
8 October 1917 - March, 1918

Let young men fight for the old men's wars
You must sacrifice privacy, for your safety
You must sacrifice choice, for your safety
You must sacrifice freedom, for your safety
You must die, for others safety

jota1

What's overrated?
The volume of rapes and abuse.

Lets not forget that guys suffer abuse, its part of the toughening up for the military. I am sure that the equality women want is being in the military but expecting to be exempt from the rough treatment guys have to endure.

Double standards.

Fitzy

The volume of rapes and abuse.

Lets not forget that guys suffer abuse, its part of the toughening up for the military. I am sure that the equality women want is being in the military but expecting to be exempt from the rough treatment guys have to endure.

Double standards.
Neanderthal!!

Fitzy

He just doesn't understand what it's liked to be sexually abused.
I don't know if he does or doesn't. I think his response is more related to good old fashioned misogyny, given his views re abortion on another thread.
I should know better than to express a view that some of the men on this site are sexists but, as experiences of sexism contributes to my depression, I retain that right.

Fedupforreal

How can they hope to control us if we are not made quiet and held in place like cattle?
Young men and women convinced that dying for their country is proper and honorable. Women are used and abused and told to stay quiet for the good of the country. We are not the only country at fault of this, we are simply the most powerful.
Women's bodies in this country are public property. We assaulted every single day from every direction by media and other people telling us our only purpose is for screwing. It has nothing at all to do with the pentagon or the war du jour. And this 'enlightened' mentality that is embedded in the last two generations has made it even worse. You have men who are cold, dead, and heartless that expect women to sleep with them on demand. We are expected to be skinny, pretty things to fuck. No, no one gives a shit. No one has ever gave a shit about some women getting raped. You can get raped just turning on your tv.

Fitzy

Women's bodies in this country are public property. We assaulted every single day from every direction by media and other people telling us our only purpose is for screwing. It has nothing at all to do with the pentagon or the war du jour. And this 'enlightened' mentality that is embedded in the last two generations has made it even worse. You have men who are cold, dead, and heartless that expect women to sleep with them on demand. We are expected to be skinny, pretty things to fuck. No, no one gives a shit. No one has ever gave a shit about some women getting raped. You can get raped just turning on your tv.
Well put!

jota1

I don't know if he does or doesn't. I think his response is more related to good old fashioned misogyny, given his views re abortion on another thread.
I should know better than to express a view that some of the men on this site are sexists but, as experiences of sexism contributes to my depression, I retain that right.
I am not sexist and neither am I asking for preferential treatment, you are. When equality bites its suddenly not good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00